PDA

View Full Version : Saw blade for my festool ts75

Jeff Monson
10-24-2007, 9:57 PM
Can someone recemmond a new blade for my festooll ts75 saw, I looked on Bob Marino's site and am not really sure if I should stick with the 36t that came with the saw or something else? Very pricey blades so I want to make the right choice, or is there another blade that will fit?

Tim Sproul
10-24-2007, 11:52 PM
What will you be cutting? I got the Panther blade because I do use my TS75 for ripping thicker solid wood boards. The standard universal blade does just fine for crosscutting and for sheetgoods.

Dave Falkenstein
10-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, the answer is - it depends. The blade (or blades) you need depends on what your uses will be for the TS75. Please give us some more information, and then you will get a sound recomendation. BTW, the blade that comes with the saw does a very respectable job for cutting up sheet goods and for cross cutting hardwoods.

Scott Whiting
10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
"or is there another blade that will fit?"

To my knowledge nobody has yet offered aftermarket blades for the Festool saws. The blades Festool offers are made by Leitz in the same plant as the H.O. Schumacher blades. So there is no question as to the quality of the blades.

Dan Clark
10-25-2007, 4:20 PM
I believe that Forrest makes a blade for the TS75. The part number is:
WW08Q607100F.

Regards,

Dan.

Jeff Monson
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I cut mostly sheet goods with it, 90% I'd have to say the other 10% is crosscutting of hardwoods, I have been happy with the stock blade until it made a brief contact with my garage floor :( , So I need a new blade, I think I would be really interested in the forrest blade if it would fit my saw.

Dave Falkenstein
10-26-2007, 12:02 AM
I cut mostly sheet goods with it, 90% I'd have to say the other 10% is crosscutting of hardwoods, I have been happy with the stock blade until it made a brief contact with my garage floor :( , So I need a new blade, I think I would be really interested in the forrest blade if it would fit my saw.

I have a TS55 and had an ATF55 previously. I bought several of the alternate blades over time. I find that I use the blade that came with the saw for almost everything, except for ripping thick hardwoods, and then I use the Panther rip blade. I am a big fan of Forrest blades, and I'm sure their blade is excellent. I doubt, however, it is any better than the Festool blade. For the uses you mentioned, I'd buy another 36 tooth Festool blade.

ps - I would trust any recommendation from Bob Marino.