PDA

View Full Version : First Tool Gloat (with pics)

Brandon Shew
10-24-2007, 9:38 PM
Like most everyone else - it seems like the deals just never pop up around here. So after missing all of the recent tool action on the Sears DP and the Lowes Biese fences, I finally managed to pick up a nice piece of American made iron at a good price. Woodmaster Model 612. 5 HP motor wired to 240V, it cuts smooth and clean with new blades on the machine and 2 extra sets of new blades in a box. It needs some slight re-conditioning (cleaning, table waxing, and lube), but it works well. I picked it up last week, but I knew that I had to wait to post with pics or you wouldn't believe it.

$175...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3903/woodmaster001tt9.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8166/woodmaster004mc7.jpg

Note that the infeed table is on the top. I had to take it off for transport. It has a little green over-spray on it, but nothing that a little can of gray spraypaint can't take care of. I'll probably have to come up with a better dust collection option than the home made HVAC vent fixture in the first pic. If anyone has a manual that they want to send me/scan for me, it would be much appreciated.

jud dinsmore
10-25-2007, 8:33 AM
nice buy. i looked at that woodmaster. do you know what the cut-off cord is at the bottom? the owner said he didn't know and i don't know enough about older woodmasters to know. i would have love to have taken it home with me (not enough room in the garage). good luck with it.

jud

Kyle Kraft
10-25-2007, 8:37 AM
Brandon,

Nice score!!! I just picked up a Miller AC/DC welder for $125!!!

Brandon Shew
10-25-2007, 8:43 PM
nice buy. i looked at that woodmaster. do you know what the cut-off cord is at the bottom? the owner said he didn't know and i don't know enough about older woodmasters to know. i would have love to have taken it home with me (not enough room in the garage). good luck with it.

jud

It was just a heavy duty extension cord that was (poorly) spliced into the original cord (instead of running a whole new cord). I plan on replacing it properly before using it.