PDA

View Full Version : Engravers please read this

Keith Outten
10-24-2007, 9:03 PM
There is a thread in the support forum ongoing that has to do with the coming year and our plans for The Creek. Please read the posts and contribute to the discussion.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=67525

Scott Shepherd
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Keith, I'm not sure how to say this easily, but in my opinion, the Engraving section, and people who frequent it, are some of the most easy to get along with, helpful, not looking for an argument people on this site. From time to time, I venture into your notices and I see all the talk about how certain name calling, etc. won't be tolerated any longer. I see people being limited in their discussions because they can't respect reach others opinions.

All of that is apparently going on totally without my knowledge because I visit this area and the sign area and that's about it. In both sections I've encountered some of the most easy going, respectful, helpful people that I've ever met on the internet. So I'm not really sure what goes on elsewhere.

I did look at the link you posted for a few minutes and I honestly started getting mad. Having looked you in the eye, shook your hand, and had you offer up excellent advice and ask nothing for it means everything to me. If you say it costs "X", then as far as I am concerned, this discussion is over. I don't wish to be part of that flame throwing that's going on by some.

So please accept my pledge to donate anything you suggest to keep this place running. If you break even, that's great, if you make $500,000 a year running it, then great job for you.

So often people lose sight of the facts. It's really super simple and needs no debate. In my opinion, there's one question that needs to be answered :

"Is SMC worth $6 to me". That's all I needed to answer. The rest means absolutely nothing to me.

You have my 100% support. Keep up the great work, and I thank you and your staff for all the countless hours you spent administrating this site. Remember, babysitters get paid $12 a hour. No reason you can't ask for $6 and feel good about it.

Jerry Allen
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm with what Scott said here.
Sorry I took the time, but I did respond as requested.
I think with very minor exceptions, this forum is the best behaved.
Some of the flaming that occassionally goes on elsewhere is pretty disgusting. I get angry with myself for even reading it.

Paul Brinkmeyer
10-25-2007, 11:30 AM
From a newbe.

As you can see, I have not been here long, just have my laser a few months.
I have done a lot of searching of past posts, and asked a few questions here, and have always gotten good information, and never have felt out of place. Hopefully someday I can even help others as I have been helped here.

I belong to other groups, and a few trade orgs. relative to lasers, and all of them together have not shared as much information as the creek. I could not believe the hot heads that run some of the "trade orgs."

As soon as the new drive starts, I plan on supporting and purchacing from the creek, as I feel that this is the best.

Paul.

Keith Outten
10-25-2007, 1:13 PM
Once per year this kind of thing is necessary to accomplish two things.

Renew our commitment to remain advertising free from both our Members and from me.

Remind everyone that the cost to run The Creek is paid for the year during our fund drive. The Creek isn't really free and we need everyone's support to continue.

Of particular interest to me personally are Members who own a business and enjoy a major benefit from The Creek every week that helps you make money. I expect to see you support us this year at near 100% participation. Of course I mean all of you laser engravers and I am asking for your support this year as I have supported you in the past.

Please post in the other thread, I need your support there as well. Don't worry about the naysayers they have their own personal agenda that has nothing to do with The Creek.

Thanks,
Keith

Micheal Donnellan
10-29-2007, 5:23 PM
link refuses to open for me says I need admin privliges

Ed Maloney
10-29-2007, 5:24 PM
It was fine last week, but I just tried it and got the same result as you.

Nancy Laird
10-29-2007, 6:15 PM
That thread has been closed and may have been removed to where all dead threads need to go. It got more than a little rancorous!

Nancy (53 days)