PDA

View Full Version : Freud FT2200E for $129!

Bryan Berguson
10-24-2007, 8:51 PM
I received an email from Woodcraft the other day listing the Freud FT2200E 3 1/4 horse plunge router for $129! This is a new router, not refurb. Well, since I have just purchased a Leigh D4R, was in the market for another router, already own a Freud router with a set of guide bushings for it, I couldn't pass it up. I ordered one today! :)

Bryan

Brandon Shew
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I saw that on their website tonight too. If I was in the market, I wouldn't pass it up either.

John Clapp
10-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Saw that ad, too... I never used anything other than PC routers - is this one a "good" router?

brian lanning
10-25-2007, 12:54 AM
You might want to look at this also:

http://www.amazon.com/3-1-VARIABLE-SPEED-PLUNGE-ROUTER/dp/B000WZZKJE

Not sure about the differences in shipping charges.

brian

Bryan Berguson
10-25-2007, 7:19 AM
Yes, same router. Shipping was free at WoodCraft so I saved $.75. :)

Bryan

Bryan Berguson
10-25-2007, 7:21 AM
Saw that ad, too... I never used anything other than PC routers - is this one a "good" router?

I've had my Freud for about 8 years and have been very happy with it. I paid a lot more the first time too! :rolleyes:

Bryan

Michael Stanley
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Check this out

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_101207.htm

Dave Sinkus
10-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Freud is offering the retailers a deal to get rid of overstock. They are new routers. The going price is $119 to $125. Wherever you can get the cheapest shipping is going to be the best overall price.

One thing with the router that Freud acknowledges, there is only one nut for both the 1/2" and 1/4" collets. An extra nut is $10 and $10 shipping.

Glenn Madsen
10-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I've had a Freud FT2000e for six years or so, and never used the 1/4" collet in it. This is a big, powerful router, and now lives in a table, and uses 1/2" bits there, exclusively.

This was my first router. I thought more power, more better. It scared me thoroughly, hand held. So I built it a table. Now we're both happy.

1/4" bits live in the trim routers. And there are several of them, now.:D

Alex Berkovsky
10-25-2007, 1:44 PM
The same router is at Hartville Tools for $125 including shipping.

Trent Flemming
10-25-2007, 1:47 PM
Are the mounting holes to the 2000E and the 2200E the same? The reason I ask is because Benchdog list the 2000E as a router that will fit their predrilled plates. I compared pictures of the two and they look the same for the most part.

Trent

Charles McCracken
10-25-2007, 2:11 PM
Are the mounting holes to the 2000E and the 2200E the same? The reason I ask is because Benchdog list the 2000E as a router that will fit their predrilled plates. I compared pictures of the two and they look the same for the most part.

Trent

The bases for the FT2000E and the FT2200E are identical right down to the mounting hole locations.

Alex Berkovsky
10-25-2007, 2:40 PM

TrentI asked Charles exactly the same question last night and ordered the router and group 2 plate.

Bryan Berguson
10-25-2007, 7:19 PM
The same router is at Hartville Tools for $125 including shipping.

Shoot, I wasted 4 bucks! :rolleyes:

Bryan

Raymond Fries
10-25-2007, 7:41 PM
I was at an Oak tree today and they have the same $129 deal going.

Robert Waddell
10-25-2007, 9:09 PM
I received mine from Peachtree last week. Seems like a pretty well built router. I wanted to upgrade from a 2.25hp to the 3.25hp in one of my tables. I haven't mounted it yet but the opening in the base looks too small to run a raised panel bit. That's the only thing that I see on it that might be a problem. For the price it makes one heck of a good extra router to have around. One can never have too many routers.
Rob

Bryan Berguson
10-25-2007, 9:11 PM
Shoot, I wasted 4 bucks! :rolleyes:

Bryan

After thinking about this, I'd like to say that the couple of times I've orderded from WoodCraft, I've been VERY satisfied. Their online order process is very efficient and clear. Their prices are good and they ship immediatly. $129 or $125 is still a heck of a deal for the Freud router. Mine will be here Monday. :)

Larry Marley
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Charles,
Will this guy handle a panel raiser?
What size is the opening?

Alex Berkovsky
10-26-2007, 8:23 AM
Hi Charles,
What size is the opening?Larry,
Since panel raiser are for router table use only, all you need is for table insert opening to be big enough to install the bit from above.

Leland Berry
10-26-2007, 8:32 AM
Help re: Freud router---I' in the market--close to buying a Bosch 1617EVA,--Can the Freud be adjusted from the table top ?? Those
I've looked at appear that the Turret stop and stop pin seem to be
misalligned and the Turret interferes with the dust boot ? Maybe its
fixable ? Can someone help ASAP before they're gone---Thanx A Bunch

Michael Stanley
10-26-2007, 8:33 AM
Hi Charles,

I've used a large panel raiser in mine many times. There is enough space between the router base and the table top to accomodate adjustment. A large bit will not however fit through the bases openning. I added a Router Raizer and Xtreme Xtension from Router Technologies to mine and removed one of the plunge springs making it a really good table mounted router.

Alex Berkovsky
10-26-2007, 8:58 AM
Help re: Freud router---I' in the market--close to buying a Bosch 1617EVA,--Can the Freud be adjusted from the table top ?? Those
fixable ? Can someone help ASAP before they're gone---Thanx A BunchLeland,
You can email (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=6126) Charles directly for any specific questions about the router.

Charles McCracken
10-26-2007, 9:55 AM
fixable ? Can someone help ASAP before they're gone---Thanx A Bunch

The FT2200E does not come with the ability to adjust from above the table. You could add an accessory like the Router Raizer (no affiliation but I have used them) to accomplish it.

Charles McCracken
10-26-2007, 9:57 AM
Hi Charles,

If I recall correctly the opening is ~2-1/2" diameter. As others have said, raised panels do not require the bit to pass through the router base, only that the opening in the table be large enough to allow the bit to be lowered slightly below the surface.

Larry Marley
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Michael, Alex and Charles...

I have a 690 with a router raiser in the table now, so large cutters have been off limits.
Thanks for your advice

Larry