PDA

View Full Version : Laser cut Flying Saucer

George Elston
10-24-2007, 8:06 PM
This is something I found on the net and drew up the vector file for the laser. I was looking for something to do as a giveaway at shows, and this is great. I just can't decide if I should charge a nickel for them as you have to weight the nose with 2 penneys.

Larger powered models have apparently been the source of UFO sightings, but this is the easiest and best flying glider I have found yet, and takes all of 15-20 seconds to cut from card stock. I keep meaning to pick up some foam sign board, either at the store or the side of the road, I bet that would work even better.

Have fun

Frank Corker
10-24-2007, 8:14 PM
Have you made one up yet? (if so let's see a photo) ...I've heard that there have been an awful lot of sightings of these things in the sky around the South Florida area..... :eek:

George Elston
10-24-2007, 8:39 PM
Actually I've made quite a few, but with 2 four year old twins, yelling "Uncle George, mines' broke, make me another one, all I have to show is paper scraps. And yes I salvage the copper from all UFO wreckage.

Bill Cunningham
10-25-2007, 7:56 PM
Well, as long as the 'probes' don't thrill you, your probably normal :D

Niklas Bjornestal
10-27-2007, 3:25 PM
Actually I've made quite a few, but with 2 four year old twins, yelling "Uncle George, mines' broke, make me another one, all I have to show is paper scraps. And yes I salvage the copper from all UFO wreckage.
Just wait until your twins gets the clever idea to salvage the coppers themself and comes back for new ones just to get more pennies ;)

George Elston
10-27-2007, 4:52 PM
Just wait until your twins gets the clever idea to salvage the coppers themself and comes back for new ones just to get more pennies ;)
Oh My Gosh! Your right. And then they'll grow up to be corporate raiders, and will destroy entire economies just to sell for salvage the few coppers left after the devastation. Can I just blame it on the flying saucers?

Better Idea, I'll make them work for the pennies to make their saucers fly right, and teach them that a small investment of effort or cash put in the right place, can make all the difference in getting your plan to fly.

But first I have to keep them from jumping on the couch.

good point