PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Bundles Package, anyone have it?

Peter Stahl
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Looking to save some money by going with the Verizon Bundles package but their web site isn't very helpful. Plus I wanted to hear from people that have it and what do they think of it. We have AT&T for home phone, wife wants to stay with a land line, so here's what I'd like to get: Verizon land line with the unlimited long distance, etc. Switch to Verizon internet with wireless modem and We already have Verizon cell phones. What do you have and are you happy with it?

thanks, Pete

Jim Becker
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Check to see if Verizon's FiOS is available in your area yet. They do have attractive bundles and fiber to the home is a wonderful thing, IMHO. But even if you need to do DSL for now, you can do bundles. If the site isn't answering your questions, you can also call in for assistance.

Lee Schierer
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
We have it, they also added on our satellite service so we pay one bill. LOML likes it and we are saving about $10-15 monthly over separate bills. The unlimited long distance calling is nice. LOML some times reads books to the grandkids long distance. We've had no problems with our high speed internet through verizon. Installation was a snap, just plug in the modem and plug in filters on all the phone lines. We don't have cell phones so we can't comment on that.

Benjamin Dahl
10-24-2007, 1:04 PM
since you have AT&T you could also bundle with them. not sure of the price differences, but might be worth comparing. I've had Bellsouth (now ATT) local, long distance, DSL for a while and just started their cell service. so far the cell service is better than my previous provider and I think there is a $5 discount per service.
Ben

Joe Pelonio
10-24-2007, 2:12 PM
We have verizon land line, dsl, and cell service (5 phones). Our bundle is home phone plus internet, the cells are separate.

With the free cell long distance the land line is rarely used, mainly incoming.

We have found the internet to be very reliable and faster than when I had AT&T.

The cell service is the best for accessibility that we have had, before it we had t-mobile and before that AT&T. Both of those had areas of no connection that we get fine on the verizon.

Gary Whitt
10-24-2007, 2:13 PM
Looking to save some money by going with the Verizon Bundles package but their web site isn't very helpful. Plus I wanted to hear from people that have it and what do they think of it. We have AT&T for home phone, wife wants to stay with a land line, so here's what I'd like to get: Verizon land line with the unlimited long distance, etc. Switch to Verizon internet with wireless modem and We already have Verizon cell phones. What do you have and are you happy with it?

thanks, Pete

I have everything (including interweb) BellSouth, now AT&T.

I now save $50 bucks a month by having them bundled.

I save $10 per cell phone (3), $10 for land line (1) and $10 for my DirecTV (1).

Life is good :D :D :D

Peter Stahl
10-24-2007, 3:22 PM
Check to see if Verizon's FiOS is available in your area yet. They do have attractive bundles and fiber to the home is a wonderful thing, IMHO. But even if you need to do DSL for now, you can do bundles. If the site isn't answering your questions, you can also call in for assistance.

Jim, No FiOS in our area yet. Don't know how much slow DSL will be as I'm going from CC high speed to the DSL to save some money. Cable bill is way to high.

Peter Stahl
10-24-2007, 3:24 PM
We have it, they also added on our satellite service so we pay one bill. LOML likes it and we are saving about $10-15 monthly over separate bills. The unlimited long distance calling is nice. LOML some times reads books to the grandkids long distance. We've had no problems with our high speed internet through verizon. Installation was a snap, just plug in the modem and plug in filters on all the phone lines. We don't have cell phones so we can't comment on that.

Lee, Which Verizon speed DSL do you have?

Peter Stahl
10-24-2007, 3:26 PM
since you have AT&T you could also bundle with them. not sure of the price differences, but might be worth comparing. I've had Bellsouth (now ATT) local, long distance, DSL for a while and just started their cell service. so far the cell service is better than my previous provider and I think there is a $5 discount per service.
Ben

Benjamin, Had Cingular (AT&T) wireless and didn't like it. Will stay with Verizon for now.

Peter Stahl
10-24-2007, 3:28 PM
We have verizon land line, dsl, and cell service (5 phones). Our bundle is home phone plus internet, the cells are separate.

With the free cell long distance the land line is rarely used, mainly incoming.

We have found the internet to be very reliable and faster than when I had AT&T.

The cell service is the best for accessibility that we have had, before it we had t-mobile and before that AT&T. Both of those had areas of no connection that we get fine on the verizon.

Joe, Our land line doesn't get used a lot either but she wants to keep it for now. What speed is your DSL?

Lee Schierer
10-24-2007, 3:49 PM
Lee, Which Verizon speed DSL do you have?
We have the 1.3 Meg/sec It is the faster of the two I know for sure.

Jim Becker
10-24-2007, 4:23 PM
Which Verizon speed DSL do you have?

I'm currently running the 3mb down/768up VZ DSL and am very pleased with it...and get the bandwidth and speeds I pay for. (I test it from time to time...) Previously, I had Comcast "high speed" Internet. When DSL became available, I had them both for a little more than a month and did some benchmarking. While the cable could get to higher speeds sometimes, throughput was a lot more consistent on DSL. And since I depend upon my Internet service for business (my office is in my home and I use a VPN-enabled IP phone connected to a system in Denver), reliability is important. I don't get those late afternoon "slow downs" that I used to get with Cable.

If only my township would play nice with VZ, they could complete the FiOS roll-out here. The fiber has been on the poles in front of my house for over a year and a half, but will not be lit in any close time frame at this point. But I digress...the township isn't a happy subject for me anyway relative to our addition, either...

John Shuk
10-24-2007, 6:55 PM
Sent you a PM Peter.