PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the show

Bill Wyko
10-23-2007, 8:34 PM
Well the show was a bust because it wasn't promoted right but we sure looked good.:D

Jonathan Harvey
10-23-2007, 8:40 PM
Was it just a poor turnout? did ya make many sales?

Jim Kountz
10-23-2007, 8:43 PM
Dang Bill sorry to hear that, if your stuff didnt sell it must have been due to some strange reason. I cannot tell you enough how GOOD your turnings are! I love that stuff!

Bernie Weishapl
10-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear Bill. Was there a crowd or just lookers?

Marvin Hasenak
10-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope you at least made a few contacts, they sometimes can redeem a poor show. Promoters that are bad/lazy or inexperienced can really put a bad taste in your mouth. Usually they don't last long.

Marvin

Brett Baldwin
10-24-2007, 12:35 AM
That's a shame Bill. I certainly would have been hovering around that area for quite awhile. Of course I'd be one of those annoying "look but don't buy" people but then that's why I'm not usually found at these sorts of things. I expect that persistence is going to be the key to your future in this. Did you get cards handed out? I'd bet at least that will bring something in the future.

Jon Lanier
10-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Looks like good stuff... and I love those tables!

Glenn Hodges
10-24-2007, 7:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the poor show. Your work deserved better. I am not attending a formally good show near me because the "Ladies League" now running a formally great show have turned it into a social ocassion. It only took 3 years for this poor management to ruin this show so now they are allowing local businesses to have booths at the show, and this is the kiss of death at a once great arts and craft show.

Bill Wyko
10-24-2007, 1:03 PM
I'm thinking the show wasn't open to the public.:o JK. The whole problem in a nutshell was poor promoting. The only promo he did was flyers and the signs on the road. Oh well, my work looks great in my house.:D This won't stop me from building stuff, I'll just have more for the next time. I'm buuilding a Humidor for my BIL right now but when I'm done I'll be back to turning.:) I thought this was a nice combo with toms table.

Brodie Brickey
10-24-2007, 3:13 PM
Bill,

That turning looks great and the table is exceptional. Your work?

Bill Wyko
10-24-2007, 4:08 PM
Thank you. I did the turnings, My friend Tom does the tables.

Robert McGowen
10-24-2007, 6:12 PM
Bill, I was hoping to hear about the enormous sale price for the vase. Hard to sell anything without a customer. I hope it works out for you next time.

Bill Wyko
10-24-2007, 6:38 PM
Well, I was told by a local turning artist who has his work in a few galleries that I should ask 4800 for it. I'd be happy with 3500. I just don't think people in general are spending that kind of money on luxury items with the insecurity in stocks and housing right now. Oh well, like I said, it looks great in my house. :D