PDA

View Full Version : Link Belts

John Powers
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I need a new belt on my 14 inch bandsaw. Should I go with the link belt?
Do they just go on the existing pullys? thanks

Greg Peterson
10-23-2007, 1:10 PM
I put a Link belt on my contractor saw and it passed the nickel test. Previous to this upgrade, the TS was more reciprocating than anything else. Not really, but it seemed like it.

The Link belt fits 1/2" pulley groove.

scott spencer
10-23-2007, 1:26 PM
There also link belts available in 3/8" widths.

Roland Chung
10-23-2007, 1:46 PM
Don't worry, they look goofy, but they work well. I think that they are directional - there may be an arrow printed on the belt links.

glenn bradley
10-23-2007, 1:51 PM
Don't worry, they look goofy, but they work well. I think that they are directional - there may be an arrow printed on the belt links.

They are definitely directional. There is an arrow printed on the links. Have used them for years, love 'em. Definite improvement even on things that I thought were fine . . . they became better than fine.

Price varies widely. Rockler just blew some out at $5 a foot, I have seen them as high as $8 a foot plus shipping. Shop around and no, the HF versions are not the same material but I have heard they work OK.

The price shouldn't really scare you as this will probably be the last belt you buy for a given machine unless there are EXTREME circumstances.

Bert Johansen
10-23-2007, 2:38 PM
Glenn is right. I used the HF link belts with great success. Go for it--you'll be glad you did.

James Gillespie, Jr.
10-23-2007, 3:52 PM
I just purchased some from an internet company that went belly up. It was being sold at cost, a whopping $2 per foot. :D Got 1/2" for the bandsaw, and 3/8" for the drill press.

Sad to see the business go, he's a good guy, just couldn't catch a break.

Eddie Darby
10-23-2007, 6:29 PM
I really like them on my 14" Delta BandSaw. Worth it for me!