PDA

View Full Version : New Outfeed/Router/Assembly Table finished [PICS]

John Hedges
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I recently upgraded from a Contractors saw to a PM2000. When I sold the old saw I included the folding outfeed table (dont park in the garage anymore so no need for a folding table). I also had a Benchdog Promax for table routing in the wing of the old saw that would not fit in the wing of the PM2000 as the top is deeper. All this, along with the fact that I need another work surface (read assembly table), but not much room inspired me to make a combo Outfeed/Router/Assembly table. I stole ideas from several sources as you can tell from the photo and am very happy with the results. On to the photos.

I have a Woodpeckers Quick Lift in the table with a Milwaukee 5625 router. It is a great combo, but it has always driven me crazy how the table gets cluttered up with the wrenches, lift bar, lift screw handle, table inserts and insert wrench, so one of the things I wanted was to configure the table so these items were close at hand without being in the way or having to open and close drawers to get at them. This was my solution to that problem

(http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=73999&stc=1&d=1193153507)

John Hedges
10-23-2007, 11:29 AM
You can also see in the above picture the holder for the roll of paper that can easily be used to cover the table when it is being used as an assembly table.

Dust collection works real well. before I installed the door I I played with moving a loose piece of plastic around to see where I should vent the door to get the best possible air flow. I found that a ridge at the top and some holes at the lower right of the door provided the best collection.

I stole the idea for bit storage from the NYW table, and I got the idea for the handles with labels from one of the woodworking magazines. It's not the prettiest thing, as it's made mostly out of scrap poplar, but it is very functional.

Von Bickley
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Looks great.

Looks more like fine furniture than shop fixtures.:D

glenn bradley
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
John, what a great merging of ideas. You really customized that to meet your specific needs. Very cool.

Robert Goodwin
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I have a small shot and was wondering how I was going to fit all of the things I need in the space provided. I love the design!! My only question is if you have ripped a board into a raised bit that you forgot to lower? I can see myself doing that, the the finished product looks to good, I may have to temp fate :D

John Schreiber
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Lots of really good ideas there. This goes in the file.

John Hedges
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
My only question is if you have ripped a board into a raised bit that you forgot to lower? I can see myself doing that, the the finished product looks to good, I may have to temp fate :D

Robert. Fortunately I am pretty anal about clean up. But you hit upon one of the drawbacks of this table and that is that it has to stay clean because it is used for so many functions. On the other hand..... If I set it up right I can rip and profile route a board in 1 pass HMMMMM hadn't thought of that before.:D