PDA

View Full Version : Need a Need table made in Austin, TX - Any references?

Brenda Langford
10-22-2007, 4:28 PM
Hi, we are needing to have a table made that will seat 12. It is for our ranch so we want that rustic "King Ranch" look (without the KR price tag, of course.)

Does anyone know of a place to get the wood and any recommendations of a shop to do it in or near Austin, TX?

Thanks.

Steve Clardy
10-22-2007, 4:47 PM
Charlie Plesums.
He's a member here.

Lives in or around Austin.

Don Stutsman
10-22-2007, 4:49 PM
Brenda,

There are a lot of good woodworkers in Austin. I believe they have a club headquartered out of the WoodCraft Store at 8907 Research Blvd., Austin, 78758, PH: 512-407-8787. I would suggest you stop by or call the store and they should be able to put you in touch with someone to meet your needs.:)

Don Stutsman
San Antonio, TX

Charlie Plesums
10-22-2007, 6:38 PM
Hi Brenda

Welcome to the forum

I have sent you an email... I retired from a tech job and now build custom furniture full time from my home in Northwest Austin (Arboretum area). I am also on the board of the "Fine Woodworkers of Austin" club that Don mentioned, that meets at the local Woodcraft store.

Don L Johnson
10-22-2007, 7:27 PM
I recently rented some drum sander time from an individual here in San Antonio (probably close enough, if he makes your short list). He works in Mesquite and is semi-retired. He was working on some mesquite rocking chairs when I was there - beautiful work; he showed me a picture of a mesquite table he made for someone in the past. At any rate, his name is Jim Baker and his phone number is 210-667-1385. Only met him the one time and he seemed like a fine gentleman.

Don Johnson

Jim Becker
10-22-2007, 7:32 PM
Both Charlie Plesums and Sam Blasco are in the Austin area. Both do great work.

Tommy Emmons
10-22-2007, 9:40 PM
I have seen some of charlie plesums' work and he is a good craftsman. I would recommend him.