PDA

View Full Version : exaktor Sliding TS attachment

C Scott McDonald
10-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Hello,

Anybody have any experience with the Exaktor Sliding TS Attchement? Good bad or otherwise? After searching around people seem to love them or hate them. I was looking at the EX26. I want to be able to square a lot of 21X38" panels. I looked at the Jessum but it doesnt look like it has a lot of support for the longer panels. The excaliber is about $75.00 dollars more.

I like the rikon sliding TS but for some odd reason I cant get past giving up the miter guage slot to the left of the blade.

Thanks folks,
Scott

Danny Hellyar
10-22-2007, 1:50 AM
Scott,
I have looked into these in the past. I just sold a Jessem MastRSlide that I had, to some one in Canada. Your right it really wasn't heavy duty enough for larger panels. It's OK for smaller panels. But it's capacity is only to 36". The Exaktor would be a much better bet for you. I checked them out at the show in Vegas this year and they are plenty heavy duty enough to handle larger panels, although I have never owned or used one. In the end I decided I wanted more accuracy and the ability to take the outrigger off easier due to minimal space in the shop . So I bit the bullet and bought a Minimax sliding table saw, well I'm actually ordering it tomorrow.

Mark Buchanan
10-22-2007, 9:05 AM
Scott:

I have had my Excaliber for about 17 years on a unisaw in daily operation in my one man shop. I would highly recommend it as it is still as accurate today as was new. I pefer it over the smaller true sliders due to the fact that ripping is easier.

Mark

frank shic
10-22-2007, 9:25 AM
i have the large capacity version and it has worked quite well for me allowing me to handle 49 x 97 sheets of 3/4" melamine with minimal difficulty. the glide action is not nearly as smooth as the jessem and you can't really walk through the cut but the accuracy and durability are unbeatable. the fence is also easily repositioned. set-up will take an hour or two but are well worth it. you can find them on craigslist every so often for around $500 or less. crosscutting the larger sheets makes it a lot easier than ripping them down the middle on my humble contractor's saw. for this reason, i have absolutely no SLIDER ENVY.