PDA

View Full Version : Which router lift?

Don Stutsman
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I am in the market for a router lift for a Porter-Cable 7518 in my router table. I thought the decision would be simple, but Noooo! I am open to any suggestions and opinions. Thanks

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I have been in the same dilemma. So far I've been leaning towards the Bench Dog. But I have changed my mind about a hundred times:eek: :)
Gary

Chuck Nickerson
10-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Is it expensive? Yes. Does is work as advertised? Yes. I am quite happy with the purchase.

Jim Tobias
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I have that router in a HEAVY bench Dog and have never had a moment of problems or any regrets.
The Bench Dog lift is a lifetime purchase IMHO.

Jim

Jim O'Dell
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I have the Woodpecker PRL for my 7518. Just starting to use it, but it is a well built machine! Jim.

Jim Dunn
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Is the hole already cut in the top of the router table? If it isn't then the decision is your's to make. If it is then I'd consider the same brand as the drop in insert you are currently using. It would eliminates the need to re-cut the hole.

Clay Crocker
10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I have the benchdog and have been very satisfied with it. Did a lot of research prior to buying, but have never used any other brand of router lift, so I can't give you a direct comparison. The Benchdog is HEAVY DUTY.

Clay

Cary Swoveland
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Is it [Jointech digital lift] expensive? Yes. Does is work as advertised? Yes. I am quite happy with the purchase.

Another plus for any lift with a digital gauge (Jointech being the only one to date) is the ability to do away with fractions of an inch by switching to metric or to decimal inches.

True, the Jointech is somewhat expensive, but not that much more than its main competition.

I had planned to buy a jointech, but couldn't resist Amazon's recent (but no longer) 45% off madness for a Bench Dog ProLift, which brought its cost down to about $180.

Cary

Alan Trout
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I have had a Jointech for a little over a year now and love it. I was using it today. It sure does make setups a snap and very accurate.

Good Luck

Alan

Mike Heidrick
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I love the PRL. I had a 7518 in it and now have a 5625 in it. Works great!

Tom Zielinski
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I have the woodpeck Quick lift for a Bosch 1617 motor. I love being able to raise and lower it rapidly yet still turn the crank for 1/32 of an adjustment.

Drew Armstrong
10-22-2007, 1:18 PM
Get the jointech... I got one and how cool is it to be able to calibrate your router bit height exactly every time through a project... you just zero it and then jot it down and keep it for the project... switch back and forth between bits with no problem. The unit itself is bulletproof. Heavy duty. I upgraded my JessEm (powermatic) lift after using a friends for a while. I feel great about the purchase.

Drew:D