PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail Jig Quality Question

Sean Troy
10-21-2007, 7:38 PM
Hi all, I know most of you would rather have a Leigh or PC dovetail Jig. I was wondering how much more quality is in those compared to the other brands. I'm sure you can probably do more and get more accessories but is there really that much more quality for the price than a CM, Rand or other lesser cost Jig? Thanks, Sean

Jim Becker
10-21-2007, 8:01 PM
"Yes", in most cases, the Leigh, PC, Akeda and similar premium quality products are better built and supported. More versatile, too.

Denny Rice
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I will also say we are living in the days of "limited customer service." I own the Leigh D4R jig and had a problem with one of the fingers, Leigh sent me a new one no questions asked within a week.

Scott Hubl
10-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Go to Leigh's web site and download the manual for free and read it.
The most comprensive and well written clear concise manual there is.
A manual all other tool manufactures should strive for.
Their products are top notch, and so is there customer service.
Have a problem you can't figure out, call their customer service and they will walk you through it without trying to hang up as soon as possible.
Over the years they have offerd "upgrade kits" to get the most out of your tool and not be left behind or made to buy a complete new tool. To get the newer advanced features.
I respect that.

That is a company I can be loyal to.

Now, go try that with other dove tail jig manufactures, and then decide for yourself.