PDA

View Full Version : networking

Daniel Turrentine
10-21-2007, 6:27 PM
I am new to this bb but have really enjoyed reading the posts that are here. I last had a shop more than ten years ago but have just bought a house and am going to design my to car shop(the cars will never see the inside of it) into my dream shop. I would like to know if there are any of you out there that are in the DFW metroplex, especially the mid-cities area. I woud like to maybe get together sometime and see other shops to get some ideas.

Thanks for any help.
Daniel

Jim O'Dell
10-21-2007, 7:03 PM
I'm not in the mid cities, but you are welcome to come by if I'm not too far away for you. I'm about 4 miles west of the west loop 820, West Ft Worth. Send me a PM if you are interested. My shop is not finished, but maybe you'll see some things you don't want to do with yours.:eek::D Jim.

Bill Huber
10-21-2007, 8:35 PM
My shop is only 12x16 so you could put it and the car in your garage... :D

I am about 2 miles west of I35w on the Haslet / Fort Worth line.

Maybe Jim and you and I could it a coffee shop some day.

Dave MacArthur
10-21-2007, 8:40 PM
Daniel, first WELCOME TO SMC!! I'm sure you haven't found it yet in all the things to read, but if you click the upper left menu area "User CP" and modify your user profile to show your location, then you will find that many SMC members local to you will automatically network without asking ;) I always look for posts from anyone in AZ, and I'm sure folks near you do the same.

Jude Kingery
10-21-2007, 9:13 PM
HI Daniel, we're fairly far away from you, but if you have occasion to come to Abilene, there are a coupl of us here who'd gladly visit with you! Best wishes and welcome! jUDE