PDA

View Full Version : How to use rotary attachment with Trotec laser

John Pickett
10-21-2007, 2:39 AM
I have a trotec speedy laser with Corel X3 and Job Control software.

I'm trying to cut a piece of 1/4" diameter thin plastic tube 360 degees around using my rotary attachment.

My corel file is just a line. Now the line length is the circumference of the 1/4" diameter tube which is .785".

My question is how do I set-up my working space in Corel and how do I set-up my working space in the job control software?

Dimensions of my laser bed are 24" x 17". Would I set up my Corel file working space as 24"x .785"? Would I set-up the Job Control software the same?

Does Trotec have any user instructions for the Rotary Attachment?

Scott Shepherd
10-21-2007, 8:11 AM
Can't answer the specific Trotec question, but that's exactly the right method on both the Epilog and Universal machines. Set the page size to be the circumference in the y-axis in Corel, and also, my guess is that in your job control software, on the page size there, do the same.

Try it with the door open, or try it with some tape around the burning area and the power turned down low. You'll know quickly if it's worked, but that's how other machines work.

John Pickett
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Thank you Scott.

Have another question. I am converting an Autocad drawing (dwg) into Corel for my cut line.

How do I align the end point of my Autocad line to correspond to the Y-axis in Corel?

If my AutoCad line is .785" long and my Corel work space axis is .785" deep how do I fit my line into the Corel workspace? Is there a Corel command I can align the AutoCad curve perfectly to fit within the Corel workspace?

Scott Shepherd
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Highlight the item in Corel and then hit the "p" key. That will align the item in the very center of the page. If you need to move it in the X-axis after that, you can highlight it and enter the coordinates for the x-axis in the dialog box at the top left.

Hope that makes sense.