PDA

View Full Version : I received no feedback so I did it!

Jerry Stringer
02-07-2004, 4:02 PM
Surprisingly, no one said anything about my Ebay idea being good or bad. I guess I expected at least a LITTLE discussion!!

Oh well, I've always been the type who believed that you can do something as long as you haven't been told that you CAN'T do it!

Therefore, I sat down today and learned a little HTML code and put together an Ebay ad for sponsorships for Freedom Pens. you can view it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2378790210

Ken said that we were all ambassadors of this project and to try to make good decisions. I hope I didn't screw that up!!!!

Thanks, gang!

Jerry

Chris Johnson
02-07-2004, 5:01 PM
Well, I just went and "primed the pump" and left a donation to get it started. Thanks for taking the time. You might want to edit the settings to have no shipping amount. Without this, you have to enter a zero amount in the shipping box, in order to pay.

Surprisingly, no one said anything about my Ebay idea being good or bad. I guess I expected at least a LITTLE discussion!!

Oh well, I've always been the type who believed that you can do something as long as you haven't been told that you CAN'T do it!

Therefore, I sat down today and learned a little HTML code and put together an Ebay ad for sponsorships for Freedom Pens. you can view it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2378790210

Ken said that we were all ambassadors of this project and to try to make good decisions. I hope I didn't screw that up!!!!

Thanks, gang!

Jerry

Jerry Stringer
02-07-2004, 5:24 PM
Well, I just went and "primed the pump" and left a donation to get it started. Thanks for taking the time. You might want to edit the settings to have no shipping amount. Without this, you have to enter a zero amount in the shipping box, in order to pay.

I responded to the Paypal email before I read this message. It did surprise me when I saw the name and knew you were a woodturner, too. I used the same choice of words . . . "Prime the pump".

I'm not sure how to edit the settings but I'm going to go poke around and try.

Thanks a ton! I just hope it works.

Jerry

Tyler Howell
02-07-2004, 5:55 PM
Jerry,

Thanks for you efforts. I've been only able to help with my check book (and big mouth.) :rolleyes: All you Spin Doctors are doing a great job.;)

Keith Outten
02-07-2004, 7:24 PM
Jerry,

It will be interesting to see how much exposure you receive at ebay. I hope your idea works well and you get a big response :)

Lars Thomas
02-07-2004, 9:41 PM
Pump should be running now.

Edit: Opps, forgot to mention . . .I must have missed your original posting re: eBay. Thanks for making the effort.

Chris Johnson
02-07-2004, 9:49 PM
Cool, so how about some positve feedback? I got to get my numbers up! I will leave positive for you.

Julie Wright
02-07-2004, 9:55 PM
Well, I just bought my pen...
It will be interesting to see how this works...

Good Luck :)

Daniel Yourdon
02-08-2004, 8:34 AM
This is a great idea. nice job with the crash course in html also.
keep us informaed about how well it is going.
Daniel

Jerry Stringer
02-08-2004, 9:36 AM
This is a great idea. nice job with the crash course in html also.
keep us informaed about how well it is going.
Daniel

Thanks!

Sunday morning at 8:30am and I'm up to 23. Not bad considering it didn't take much work!

Several of those are from folks on this board. Guess it shows we are all just a bunch of softies!!!

I did get 12 from one guy on a taxidermy forums where I posted info about it.

Thanks!

Jerry

Chris Johnson
02-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Good idea. I just dropped a note about our project on a couple of the groups I haunt. These are great guys, and I suspect they will want to help.

Thanks!

Sunday morning at 8:30am and I'm up to 23. Not bad considering it didn't take much work!

Several of those are from folks on this board. Guess it shows we are all just a bunch of softies!!!

I did get 12 from one guy on a taxidermy forums where I posted info about it.

Thanks!

Jerry

Ken Salisbury
02-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Looks like you have something going there Jerry ! !
Thanks for you effort !!!

Jerry Stringer
02-08-2004, 9:52 PM
About to call it a night on Sunday night and the Ebay ad is at 32!

This is fun!

Jerry