PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 Round 2

George Carion
10-20-2007, 3:50 PM
Rant on.

The first PM2000 shipped by Amazon arrived defective. Here are a list of the problems:

1. When raising the blade the whole trunnion would wander towards he fence by at least .020.

2. The trunnion would twist counter - clockwise on a horizontal plane causing the rear of the blade to wander away from the fence (and the front towards the fence) when raising the blade. Try keeping this one square to the miter slot. Not cool. This was also off by at least .020 front to rear.

3. The nylon shoulders on the fence were far from flat.

4. The fence measurement mark line was in the shape of a thin "V". The V was about 1/16" wide at the top.

5. The insert plate was missing the adjust screws.

6. When WMH sent out the replacement screws it was impossible to get the plate flat with the table.

How did this unit make it out of their factory?

WMH and Amazon were nice enough to send out a whole new saw, and pick up the bad one, so I can't complain much about their customer service. The new saw is good all around, no twisting etc., and the whole setup was much more accurate out of the box. Even the insert plate was flat to the top. However, it was shipped out without the hardware needed to mount the fence rails to the table top and extension table.

I'm going on a month without a fully functional saw thanks to unacceptable quality control on the part of WMH. I'd also like to mention that this is an incredible hassle. Shipping, unloading, assembling X2, disassembling, disposal of all the cardboard and the pallet X2, multiple calls to customer service. Not cool and incredibly time consuming.

WMH Tool Group needs to try harder.

Rant off.

Dave Lehnert
10-20-2007, 5:09 PM
I buy a lot from Amazon but exactly why I chose my local dealer for larger purchases. I too had a problem with the fence on my Jet cabinet saw but the dealer took care of everything.

Jason Beam
10-20-2007, 9:46 PM
That's a bummer ... glad the CS worked out, but the QC sure should be thumped soundly on the noodle for their blunders.

I believe that it's WMH Tool Group, by the way (in case some uninitiated may be reading this)