PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Word Searching

Keith Starosta
10-19-2007, 9:42 PM
OK....I admit it. I've got a brain-block. I can't figure this out, and I'm getting pretty peeved. I want to do a search of ALL threads on SMC that contain the phrase "cutting board". Seems simple enough, but when doing an advanced search using the search string "cutting board", I am getting a return with all threads with the word "cutting", and all threads with the word "board". Not very helpful... :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this slightly dumb user... :( :confused:

- Keith

CW McClellan
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Look under Chopping board

Aaron Koehl
10-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Keith,

For phrase searches, use the Google search box, and put the phrase in quotes, like this: "cutting board"

Mike Dauphinee
10-24-2007, 2:33 PM
Keith,

For phrase searches, use the Google search box, and put the phrase in quotes, like this: "cutting board"

Just realize that it will take you out of SMC for the answer. Of course, most of the non paid links will bring you right back.

HTH

Donnie Folangelo
10-24-2007, 2:42 PM
Keith,

Umm, I thought outside advertising and linking were frowned upon here :confused:

glenn bradley
10-24-2007, 3:45 PM
Aaron's got it. Vbulletin's search engine stinks. Accept it and move on ;-) Mike mentions something that can confuse folks. The results of a Google search takes you to . . . Google. You are now no longer in SMC. An easy way to stay comfy is to open another browser and google search from there.

Mark Patoka
10-24-2007, 7:21 PM
I believe Aaron has the Google search setup to show the SMC results by default. On the top of the Google results page you can select to search the web or within SMC.