PDA

View Full Version : Picture Test

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-03-2003, 9:33 PM
I wanted to see if I could get the Picture Posting figured out. By the way, this is a Photo of our Christmas Display. Woodworking with a twist!

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-03-2003, 9:35 PM
Sorry about the Size..............will have to resize better next time!

Bob Lasley
03-03-2003, 9:56 PM
Kevin,

You get into the Xmas thing, huh? Can't let my wife see that, would give her too many ideas. Looks good though.

Bob

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Yes, we kinda like Christmas! I have designed and built some unique things for our display. I am into animated, mechanized things, and I have designed and built a Ferris Wheel, Carousel, Teeter Totter, and am currently working on a rotating swing, similar to the ones you see at carnivals. When I get a chance, I will post some pictures of these and other items that have sprouted out of my imagination and Woodworking Shop. Last year, my electrical draw was just under 60 amps for the display! I have 6 dedicated outdoor 20 amp circuits, wired into a Lighting Contactor that is controlled with a digital timer. The entire display comes on and off at a predetermined time, via the contactor. It is quite a sight to see it all come on at once. Through a donation box associated with our display, we raise money for the local food pantry to help those less fortunate in our community. In the past 6 years, we have raised over $1500.00 for the local charity. We draw quite a crowd every year, and to see the look on the faces of the children as they view our display is worth far more than I can put into words. Even the "Big Kids" like it! Thanks for the compliment!

Paul Kunkel
03-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Happy 'HOHO'? oh boy! Just kiddin'

John Miliunas
03-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Looks wonderful, Kevin. We have some around here who go pretty much all out, but a couple of them just try to jam as many lights on to their lot as they can. Bright, but not really interesting. Yeah, I'll bet the folks near you really love the display. Now that I think about it, I'll bet your power company loves you too! Also nice to hear about the donations going to someone who needs it. Bravo! :cool:

Tom Sweeney
03-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Where you could put 1 or 2 more lights :D
Very cool - I especially like the fundraising for the food cupboard.
I think it's cool that you make a lot of the items yourself instead of just going to the Christmas store & buying them.

there is one guy in North Philly that supposedly was ordered by the FAA to scale back his Christmas display because planes were getting his house confused with an airport not to far away :D