PDA

View Full Version : Rush job for tomorrow

Joe Pelonio
10-19-2007, 4:54 PM
Here's another example where a combination of vinyl and laser were used.

The top name strip is vinyl on non-glare acrylic.

Under that the S is cut from Rowmark brushed aluminum.

The green is cut acrylic, the yellow is vinyl.

The bottom is frosted acrylic.

The holes in the nameplate line up with those in the bottom layer of frosted, and will have black screw caps.

I just got everything together to do this yesterday and it's due first
thing in the morning for installation on lockers, 17 more to go.

Doug Bergstrom
10-19-2007, 4:58 PM
Are the screws you are putting in holding the whole thing together? Looks great. What is the final thickness?

Joe Pelonio
10-19-2007, 5:19 PM
The only thing that's not stuck together is the nameplate, so it can be changed. I used 3M 467 MP on the backs of pieces before cutting to peel 'n stick.

The screws will go into the wood wall behind to hold the nameplate to the sign and the whole thing to the wall. All together it measures 7/16" thick.

Scott Shepherd
10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Very nice Joe! I totally agree, vinyl plotters and lasers compliment each other so well.

Both have got me work for the other one. Laser jobs have got me in the door to get vinyl and vinyl work has got me in the door to do laser work.

Robert Goodwin
10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
So do you get 2nd pick type money for that? :D

Keith Outten
10-20-2007, 7:50 AM
Very slick Joe. I'm going to have to start thinking about incorporating vinyl work into my laser and CNC designs. As I haven't used my vinyl cutter much since I purchased it I don't normally think about using it when I am designing new signs other than traditional vinyl work.

Now some new "Food For Thought".

Thanks

Mike Null
10-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Me too. Mine's been gathering dust. But I've seen some black vinyl on polished stainless signs that were beautiful and looked very pricey.