PDA

View Full Version : G&g

Michael Handrinos
10-19-2007, 3:29 PM
I saw a coffee table in Darrells book in the back and had asked the question before of scale.

While I had good feed back I've not been that successful. Since then, I've bought his end table plan to make them of course, and wondered if I couldn't use them for the coffee table too. Can I just cut the legs down, elongate the top, adjust the width and still be in proportion with regard to the drawer and apron etc? I posted this in the design forum also. Not sure where it belongs:rolleyes:

Thanks

Mike

mike holden
10-19-2007, 3:50 PM
Certainly you can reproportion the end table to make a coffee table.
Although I would not get overly precise, dont make a 3 inch measurement into a 1.76543 for instance, make it 1.750 for instance (not knowing what proportion you are using). Draw it out full size on cardboard, tape it up and set it in your room. Does it look right? Then go ahead and make it, otherwise make some changes in the cardboard and try again.
Making for yourself means only you and your loved ones need approve, no one else's vote counts.
Mike

gary Zimmel
10-19-2007, 8:15 PM
Hi Michael

The Nov. issue of Popular Woodworking has a nice article on a G&G coffee table made by Darrell P. It may have the measurements you are looking for.