View Full Version : Pen Blanks starting to ship

Todd Burch
02-07-2004, 9:12 AM
Yesterday, I mailed 4 boxes of pen blanks, 64 blanks each, to:

Jim Marx,
Harvey Meyers,
Daniel Yourdons,
Tom Sweeney.

The boxes were 77 cents and the shipping ranged from $7.75 to $9.90.

Today, I will box up 4 more boxes to send to:

Mark Hulette,
Dennis Peacock,
Bud Duffy,
Roger Fitzsimonds.

I bought smaller boxes (6" x 6" x 6") that hold 64 blanks just right. The 12" x 12" x 12" boxes I had originally bought, are just a little big and hold 480 blanks - probably too many for most people, unless you are production turning with a group of freinds. If you still want this many blanks, I can surely get them to you - as long as you can handle the shipping for a tightly packed cubic foot of wood!

After these 4 get boxed up today, I will have satisfied all my current requests for blanks, and, I will still have stock for about 3,000 more blanks.

Soooooo, if you need blanks, and can handle the shipping costs - I'll find the time to cut you some blanks. The majority of blanks have been maple, birch, cherry, walnut, mahogany (both Honduran and African - if it has ribbon striping, it's African), red oak, and white oak. I've tried to spread out the curly maple, curly cherry, curly sapwood cherry (white), curly walnut and spalted maple through the boxes, but no guarantees you get any or some of each. I've also been culling stock and trying to avoid pieces that are all sapwood (except curly cherry). There are some ½ & ½ walnut sap/heart blanks that should turn out nice.

Todd

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2004, 10:53 AM
The boxes were 77 cents and the shipping ranged from $7.75 to $9.90.

Today, I will box up 4 more boxes to send to:

Mark Hulette,
Dennis Peacock,
Bud Duffy,
Roger Fitzsimonds.
Todd

Todd.....How would you like to be reimbursed? Check, PayPal or what.? Just want to know so I can be ready when you notify me of my charges.

Todd Burch
02-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Check or paypal is fine. I'll give you both options when I email you your total.

I've been just mailing them out, paying up front, instead of having to make 2 trips to the post office.

Todd

Waymon Campbell
02-07-2004, 8:51 PM
Todd Would you have some blanks that I could pick up to take with me to the Gulf Coast Woodturners Association meeting on Feb. 21st? They have invited me to tell the members about the Freedom Pens Project and a few blanks would sure get them started.

Waymon...

Todd Burch
02-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Sure wood (LOL) I mean would! Come and get 'em. I can give you a box of 480. That ought to impress 'em!

Waymon Campbell
02-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks Todd - just sent you a PM do discuss logistics.

Greg Deemer
02-14-2008, 8:11 AM
Good morning all, I am new to this site and loving the great tips and wood working chit-chat. You have a good bunch of guys and gals here. I have been reading a little about Freedom Pens. Is that something anyone can help with. If so I would love to be part of it. I am a Veteran and would love to help boost the spirits and moral of our uniformed hero's. What ever I can do just ask... Thanks.

Jackie Outten
02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Greg,

The Freedom Pens Project is something anyone can be a part of. Make pens out of your favorite wood, corian, plastic, just about anything you can think up and add a note with your email address so the troops can thank you for their pen. You can put them in pen tubes, cases, etc., but most people just use baggies. Send them to the Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072.

Jackie Outten