PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic or Navy artwork?

drew winners
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have any things of the sort? I'm tasked with designing an awards plaque for the command, and could use some help with some good vectorized clipart.

Much thanks!

Mike Null
10-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Can you be a little more specific with your ideas. What is the award for; is it a perpetual award, etc?

Have you looked at your Corel clipart book? Even in the later versions there is pretty good military type art.

Scott Shepherd
10-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I assume you know about this site : http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/web_graphics/

Tom Cullen posted it some time back.

drew winners
10-19-2007, 1:30 PM
scott, thanks for that link, I honestly didn't know about that one.

The awards range from end of tour, to sailor of the quarter awards.

I was thinking about some cool graphics like the lone sailor and such for the sailor of the quarter, and maybe the american flag in the back ground with the command's logo and some navy jets or something for the end of tours.

I'll keep on looking... and thanks for the help.

Mike Null
10-19-2007, 2:14 PM
I do quarterly awards for some groups at Scott AFB, including command hq. They always include the outfit logo (usually a shield) the outfit name, award period, rank, winner's name. These awards range from plaques to acrylics to pen sets.

Annual awards may include more expensive plaques or boxes.

Retirement awards are plaques (sometimes custom made in my shop) and more frequently walnut boxes, engraved with rank, logo and name and dates of service.

For general officers they tend to be a little more elaborate and usually wood items. I frequently mix metal and wood or plastic or acrylic to get a good effect.

Unfortunately, the Navy doesn't provide the quality or quantity of art that other services do.

If you can get your hands on older versions of CorelDraw (8 and prior) there are excellent clipart files. The books are useful as well but finding the clipart files will work as they are well organized.