PDA

View Full Version : Incra Super System question

Jamie Smith
10-19-2007, 9:41 AM
Hi all-

I am interested in the "incra super system". How hard is it to remove/attach to the table?

My router lift is in the extension of my table saw (I have a jet 50" xacta w/ the lift), so it will need to come off when I need the extra capacity, and right now I don't have the room for a dedicated router table (tho I would love one).

Thanks,

-jamie

David Giles
10-19-2007, 10:38 AM
About 30 seconds worth of trouble when using the Incra rails. Loosen four knobs and up it comes. But I don't understand your setup, so results may vary. How will you attach the Incra to your router table extension?

Mike Golka
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Although I have a jointech fence I think you could set up the Incra similarly to the way I have mine. I mounted my fence on a piece of 3/4" MDF with two Tbolts to lock it into the miter slot of my saw table. It only takes a few seconds to mount or remove the fence. I am not a home right now but could post a pic later this evening if you like.

Ken Garlock
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
HI Jamie. I have the full table saw and router table Incra LS fence system. From what I can tell from the Woodpecker website, the bracket that also provides the position read out is something that, once screwed in place, you don't want to fuss with. Everything else is easily removed from the router table just by sliding the fence out of the bracket.

Now if you spring for the saw and router fence combination, you get a set of rails that replace those provided by the saw maker. With that setup you can completely remove everything from the flat surface just by lifting the fence system off the rails.

Something to think about....

Bill Wyko
10-19-2007, 11:37 AM
If you were to dado 2 parallel tracks into your table you could attach it with 4 wing style nuts and it would take seconds to remove. IMHO

Ed Beers
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
If you are looking at one of their standalone router table kits (not part of the table saw fence system) then the positioner attaches to the table with 4 screws. I used tee nuts in my table so 30 seconds would be plenty.

Ed

Jim O'Dell
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I have a dedicated RT, and I still mounted mine with bolts through the table top and wing nuts underneath. The bolt heads go into the slots in the extruded mounting base on the bottom. Slides on and off with a little persuasion;) . For the TS. the MDF board mound with a piece to ride in one of the miter slots for repeatable adjustment, and use a clamp or 4 to anchor it down when using would probably be the best idea. Jim