PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Tags

Dennis Shenk
10-18-2007, 9:37 PM
What is the best material to use for luggage tags other that leather? Preferable something in a colored acrylic type material. I'm looking for something durable for my kids all star cheerleading squad. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Nancy Laird
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Dennis, we've had very good luck with 1/8" birch plywood. The set I made for my boss has been through 8 airports and is still going strong. We use those clear plastic "worms" to attach them to luggage. They can be engraved on both sides.

Nancy (64 days)

Dennis Shenk
10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks Nancy, I had not thought of that. I would have to paint the birch though. Their colors are purple and white. My wife just suggested anodized aluminum. I'll have to check that out.

Todd Schwartz
10-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Nancy - tell more about those "worms".

And I have to ask - been watching the count down - what happens at "0"?

Todd

Gary and Jessica Houghton
10-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Chewbarka has purple anodized aluminum bag tags that will laser white.

Go to ebay and search 'Chewbarka' and 'luggage'.

Mike Null
10-19-2007, 8:37 AM
I usually use laminated plastic of 1/16" or 1/8" thickness. If you want you can glue two pieces of the 1/16" together with solvent cement so that it's legible from both sides.

Clear acrylic is sometimes used as well.

Vicky Orsini
10-19-2007, 9:15 AM
I've ordered custom 3-ply plastic from Rowmark in the past (core was one colour, cap was the same colour on both sides). It cost me $70CND for a 24X48 sheet. It's being used in an industrial setting, so it's quite durable. Might be cheaper than gluing 2 pieces together.

Dennis Shenk
10-19-2007, 9:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. I do have some one sided Rowmark on order and I did find Chewbarka tags on ebay.

Thanks Vicki! I didn't know Rowmark would make up custom pieces.