PDA

View Full Version : A couple of signs we have done

Doug Bergstrom
10-18-2007, 5:59 PM
I have been on the laser side of this forum for some time now and never saw the sign forum. I thought I would share a couple of recent projects we have done after reading some post about laser and signs. We use our laser for making signs all the time. We also run solvent printers, vinyl cutters, and sandblast as well. I would love to hear some feedback from others doing similar projects. The Ascension sign is all PVC, vinyl post. Lettering is 1/4" laser cut acrylic. Top of the sign is lexan with printed clear graphic double sided to create a stained glass appearance without the cost. People have been calling about doing stained glass since they have seen this. The second sign is 1/4" acrylic, sanded back to frost, vinyl, 1/4" acrylic and clear printed vinyl make up the front of the sign.
Thanks
Doug

Joe Pelonio
10-19-2007, 8:03 AM
Beautiful work, Doug. I'm glad to see you using a combination of equipment to make more creative signs.

Mike Null
10-19-2007, 8:44 AM
Very nice work.

Thanks for posting it.

Keith Outten
10-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Doug,

How about a few more pictures so we can see a bit more detail. Great looking signs and nice selection of materials.

Doug Bergstrom
10-19-2007, 4:48 PM
Here are a couple of different angles.

Thanks
Doug

Keith Outten
10-19-2007, 9:55 PM
Ok, it is starting to make sense to me now but what is clear printed vinyl? Is it a clear vinyl that you use the solvent printer to print directly on the surface?

Scott Shepherd
10-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes Keith, it's just clear vinyl that allows you to print on it, if it's what I believe it to be.

Same thing as a normal printed decal, except instead of printing on a color substrate, it's printed on clear substrate.

Very nice looking signs, thanks for sharing.

Doug Bergstrom
10-22-2007, 7:47 AM
Yes, It is clear vinyl that is solvent printed and gloss laminated. We used it on both signs. The stained glass top and the satellite provider numbers were printed this way.