PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 help needed! Automate resize

Ed Lang
10-18-2007, 2:59 PM
I have many directories of files that I want to make thunbnails of. I bet there is a way to do this that will not require me to process each file by hand, one at a time.

Here is the steps I want to do.

Select a directory or set of files
have each file searched for a green line and remove it.
Each file will then have all lines changed to a selected width. Can be hard coaded in the utility.
Take each file and resize it and save.

Am I asking too much of Corel X3?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Keith Outten
10-18-2007, 7:59 PM
Ed,

Corel can do it alright but it takes a bit of experience to get it to automate the job. Aaron can write Corel scripts and has done it for me a few times but the job is over my head.

Lee DeRaud
10-19-2007, 12:28 AM
If you did the default installation, there's a pullout menu called 'Documentation' in the Corel X3 menu under 'Start|Programs'. One of the entries in there is a PDF file called 'Corel X3 Programming Guide for VBA'...it has examples that are pretty close to what you want. The key concepts are (1) traversing a file tree and (2) traversing the drawing object tree within each file.

Ed Lang
10-19-2007, 8:49 AM
Thanks Keith - Programmers rule the Universe.

Lee- I did the default install and found the docs and the VBA manual. Wow, this is a little over my head right now but I think the time spent learning how to do VBA will pay off down the road. I expect I will be posting questions as I start to read all of the programming stuff.

Thanks!

ed

Mitchell Andrus
10-19-2007, 9:08 AM
Ed, I asked my wife ( a programming Goddess) about doinf exactly this for me a while ago. She says it can be done but we haven't gotten around to it - probably never will.... says it's a lot of work.

There are a few Corel forums out there. I won't post them here, but Google 'Corel forums'... they'll pop up. If you find a plug-in or easy macro, please share...

Ed Lang
10-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I sure will!