PDA

View Full Version : Weird Computer glitch

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-18-2007, 2:21 PM
Turned the Box on this AM.
The colors were all off a sickly greenish yellow and no blue.

Trued to adjust but no luck
Logged onto the Web and I had no book marks (wiped out) and FireFox was reinstalling itsel'f like it was brand-i-spanky new.

I'm ordering a ned video card on the thesis that the card is dead.

I reloaded ( imported) my bookmarks from back up.

But I never figured out why the Browser got screwed up or whether it was related to the video.

No viri invaded this box They'd have to get past a router and a current late version of Norton.

Chuck Wintle
10-18-2007, 2:51 PM
Could be a power supply problem.

Randal Stevenson
10-18-2007, 3:04 PM
Turned the Box on this AM.
The colors were all off a sickly greenish yellow and no blue.

Trued to adjust but no luck
Logged onto the Web and I had no book marks (wiped out) and FireFox was reinstalling itsel'f like it was brand-i-spanky new.

I'm ordering a ned video card on the thesis that the card is dead.

I reloaded ( imported) my bookmarks from back up.

But I never figured out why the Browser got screwed up or whether it was related to the video.

No viri invaded this box They'd have to get past a router and a current late version of Norton.

Software reloaded itself and the colors were off? Check to see if it shows the correct video card listed.
It could be the card, it could be either a software (registry screwed up, virus (they can make it past a firewall and Norton, I had one infect just my antivirus software, the ONLY time I had one), or hardware (besides the card (moved the box, knocked loose, loose cable)), power supply, hard drive getting bad sectors (causing a software problem), etc.

Too many indetermines, yet.

Rich Engelhardt
10-19-2007, 7:19 AM
Hello,
Sounds like your profile got whacked (assuming Win200,XP or Vista)

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings and click on each profile to make sure you can browse through them.

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Hello,

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings and click on each profile to make sure you can browse through them.

Yah the :Documents and settings folders" was left intact.

I'm wondering if these are two unrelated events. I'll know for sure if the new video card fixes the color- or -it could b the monitor EEK, and then I still won't know.

I do have a spare monitor I can plug in and see.

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello,

Yah the :Documents and settings folders" was left intact.

I'm wondering if these are two unrelated events. I'll know for sure if the new video card fixes the color- or -it could b the monitor EEK, and then I still won't know.

I do have a spare monitor I can plug in and see.

Maybe the CIA is spying on me and installed their own browser to track my surfing.

I am a very, very,very important person on world events.
I mean Putin had to telephone me personally for permission (not advice) before he announced his Iran policy.

Yah It's gotta be the CIA. I can hear their silent black invisible helicopters now.

Greg Peterson
10-19-2007, 1:18 PM
If your monitor is of the CRT type, I'd say you lost one of the three lights.

Lee DeRaud
10-19-2007, 2:04 PM
If your monitor is of the CRT type, I'd say you lost one of the three lights.Or just a cable/connection problem. I had similar symptoms from a VGA cable on a LCD monitor, could sometimes fix it by reseating the connection at the back of the monitor. New cable didn't help, but switching to the second input on the monitor did.