PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewood 12 inch jointer

Joseph M. Clark
10-18-2007, 2:20 PM
I have recently purchased a Bridgewood 12 inch jointer, SHB 1800. Does anyone know of this model? I've not gotten much of a response from Wilke who I understand no longer does retail.

I want to know more about the machine and other's experience with it
thanks
peace
joe clark

Jim Andrew
10-18-2007, 9:29 PM
I've bought a couple things from Wilke in the last year or 2, had good experiences. Check out their website, you can send them an email. Did you buy the jointer used? If you don't mind, what did you pay?

Brian Ross
10-18-2007, 9:44 PM
I have the above Bridgewood 12 in jointer. It was manufactured in 1998 and I bought it used for $1500 several years ago. It has done everything that I would expect it to do. I have one of their edge sanders that has been great also. I bought it new.
Brian

John Thompson
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't have the 12" jointer.. but I do have the 20" Yorkcraft planer and the Bridgewood Industrial hollow morticer. Both are excellent machines and I couldn't be more satisfied.

And on a further note, the parts on the 20" planer are idenical to the Grizzly 20" (and Shopfox) which came from the same assembly line. The Bridgewood Industrial morticer is idenical to the $2200 Grizzly Industrial morticer with the exception the BW has a single phase 1 HP motor instead of a 2 HP three phase.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 12" jointer would follow suit with the above comparisons. If I happen to speak to Curt Wilke in the next few weeks, I will ask and shoot you a PM.

Sarge..

Brent Harral
10-19-2007, 3:16 PM
The BW SHB 1800? I bought the BW12 J a couple years (?) back and it's pretty much all the jointer I'll ever need. Cast iron base, 4 knive, 3hp and beds are dead flat and perfectly coplaner..