PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach

Gary Keedwell
10-18-2007, 9:47 AM
Need some ideas what to do at Myrtle beach. I will be there for around 4 days. Usually I research and OVER-plan for a trip, but this is one of those spur of the moment opportunities. Any suggestions?
Gary

Bob Childress
10-18-2007, 4:25 PM
Ah, Gary me boy, Myrtle beach is a great destination if you like to:

Fish
Play golf
Sunbathe
Swim
Eat seafood
Buy cheesy souvenirs
Play putt-putt
Hang out in bars with young folks
Fish
Play golf

Best fishing is out of Little River (north) or Murrell's Inlet (south). 117 golf courses, so take your pick. Peaches down at the Pavilion for a foot-long chili dog. Shouldn't be too crowded as the kids are back in school. Really laid back.

Robert Goodwin
10-18-2007, 5:23 PM
Golf
Eat
Fish

What is nice about Myrtle Beach is that every time you come back it has changed ( although most of the time by a Hurricane :( )

Charles Wiggins
10-18-2007, 5:56 PM
You could visit the KISS Coffeehouse.
http://www.kisscoffeehouse.com/locations.htm

Gary Keedwell
10-18-2007, 7:13 PM
Fish*****don't like it
Play golf*****don't do it
Sunbathe*****burn too easy
Swim*****only when I have to
Eat seafood****read above
Buy cheesy souvenirs****Have enough in attic
Play putt-putt****read above
Hang out in bars with young folks****wife will be with me:(
Fish*****Don't like it, again
Play*****Don't like it again

We have reservations at the Legends IN Concert. We like to antique for Arts & Crafts furniture. Also woodworking stores are nice.

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm bumping this up because time is running out for ideas. Any woodworking related stuff to do at Myrtle?

Gary

Greg Cole
10-19-2007, 1:17 PM
Gary,
Sounds like the FLA trip my wife had planned for Feb 07:
Disney- HELL NO. Not that time of year, nor any time for me.
Beach- Not my thing
Shopping- Why do I need to go 1200 miles to buy things to carry home when I can buy them here in town?
Visiting her sister (i.e. sit by the pool in the sun) - ranks up there with the beach
Fishing- not part of the itinerary

I was lost on it when the fishing got squashed.
Let's just say the wife, step daughter and the little guy had a grand old time in FLA. I had a great time too, went to work every day and was in the shop every night. :D :D :D
The wife actually let me off easy for not going... 'cause that spared me sharing my discontent while I would have been there (oh yeah.. I bought the plane tix too & worth every penny!!!).

Cheers,
Greg

Von Bickley
10-19-2007, 1:28 PM
I'm bumping this up because time is running out for ideas. Any woodworking related stuff to do at Myrtle?

Gary

No....

There is a Black & Decker store at the Outlets on Highway 501 and that's it.
Don't know of any WW related stuff at Myrtle Beach.

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 1:29 PM
Hey Greg,
I just left you in the moristing thread:rolleyes: :)
This trip is the result of airplane cancellation LOML made last year. I like to walk around and see the sights, so I don't think I'll suffer greatly.LOL
I would like to do something WOOD related, even if it is just a souvenir.:)
Gary

Charles Wiggins
10-19-2007, 2:08 PM
Hey Greg,
I just left you in the moristing thread:rolleyes: :)
This trip is the result of airplane cancellation LOML made last year. I like to walk around and see the sights, so I don't think I'll suffer greatly.LOL
I would like to do something WOOD related, even if it is just a souvenir.:)
Gary

How about Workshop Tools right up the road in Surfside Beach?

http://www.workshoptools.com/

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 2:34 PM
How about Workshop Tools right up the road in Surfside Beach?

http://www.workshoptools.com/
I checked out their site Charles.Doesn't look too promising:( If I'm in that area with LOML it might be worth a look-see:D

Thanks

Roy Hatch
10-19-2007, 4:15 PM
Search the beach for driftwood.

Al Willits
10-19-2007, 4:41 PM
Well...ya could go down there and complain about things ya don't want to do....:D

Maybe contact the Florida dept of tourism and have them send ya stuff on what to do?

Al...have fun...:)

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 4:42 PM
Search the beach for driftwood.
:rolleyes: Roy, that is the best suggestion yet.:)
GK

Bob Childress
10-19-2007, 4:47 PM
Maybe contact the Florida dept of tourism and have them send ya stuff on what to do?

Al,

The State of Florida is very unlikely to provide information on a beach in South Carolina. :D :D :D

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 4:58 PM
:D
Well...ya could go down there and complain about things ya don't want to do....:D

Al...have fun...:)
Me thinks Al is testing me:cool: :D
Gary

Al Willits
10-19-2007, 7:02 PM
ME??? Nawwwwww I wouldn't do THAT.....:D :D

Only time I was to Florida was to take a week of pistol shooting trainning in someplace called never frost or never freeze or something like that, so I really can't help ya, was kinda serious about the dept of tourism though..

Either way have fun, weather should be under a 120 this time of the year...hopefully.

Randy Denby
10-19-2007, 7:05 PM
:D
Me thinks Al is testing me:cool: :D
Gary

Or.....that last hurricane was a real ***** ! :D

I hear they have a Lowe's down there :)

Gary Keedwell
10-19-2007, 7:50 PM
ME??? Nawwwwww I wouldn't do THAT.....:D :D

Only time I was to Florida was to take a week of pistol shooting trainning in someplace called never frost or never freeze or something like that, so I really can't help ya, was kinda serious about the dept of tourism though..

Either way have fun, weather should be under a 120 this time of the year...hopefully.
Al ....you do know I'm going to South Carolina, right?
Gary

Al Willits
10-19-2007, 8:58 PM
Might explain why I can't find Karl's place.....:D

I do now....ok, why don't you email the dept of tourism where ever it is your going??

And I hope you still have a good time even if it isn't florida.

Al........who thinks tampa beach is kinda like Mrytle beach???

Gary Herrmann
10-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Vaca. Bring a few books.

Bring a laptop and design some furniture.

See previous suggestions. Maybe its just me, but I love the beach.

If nothing else, enjoy the fun your family has while on vaca.

Gary Keedwell
10-21-2007, 6:07 PM
Hey everybody...thanks for the tips..Little trivia: Did you know they named Myrtle Beach after the Myrtle Tree? Me neither.:eek: :)
Gary