PDA

View Full Version : Some more pens today **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
02-06-2004, 8:07 PM
I managed to get in a little shop time today. I made 4 more pen/pencil sets to add to the 6 sets I made Wednsday (photo #1). I also managed to make 8 other assorted ones (photo #2). Left to right in photo #2: 4 corian slimline variations wiith red/white/blue center bands, walnut slimline with red/white/blue band, slimline with bloodwood top/blue corian bottom and a corian pen with a centerband of bloodwood/rosewood/walnut/cocobola. Photo #3 is the pen with 4 different woods making up the center band.

Tyler Howell
02-06-2004, 8:13 PM
Ken You're a wild man. Not a spin doctor. My checks in the mail.;)

Ken Salisbury
02-06-2004, 8:39 PM
Ken You're a wild man. ;)

I resemble that remark ;)

Richard Allen
02-06-2004, 8:47 PM
Hi Ken

I like the french pens, very creative!

John Miliunas
02-06-2004, 9:33 PM
Ken, you are a *machine*! Nice job on all of them. You've really got that Corian thing down to a science! :cool:

Jim Becker
02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Ok...you've given up wood for Corian. What's going to happen with the Bud Light? :rolleyes: :D

(Nice job on the pens, too...<G>)

Terry Hatfield
02-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Ken,

Those are EXTRA cool. You are THE pen man!!!

t

Glenn Clabo
02-07-2004, 6:29 AM
You are a Mo-chine Mr. S! Outstanding pens.

Ken Salisbury
02-07-2004, 6:39 AM
Ok...you've given up wood for Corian. What's going to happen with the Bud Light? :rolleyes: :D

(Nice job on the pens, too...)

Not really ! I have been working Corian lately for 2 reasons:

#1 I have agreed to produce some products using Corian for a friend who owns a large Appliance/Corian operation here in town for sale at a large Home Improvement show March 5-6-7.

#2 I will be making a lot of pens this year for the Freedom Pen Project and have come to the conclusion that Corian and chrome finished pens will hold up much better in the harsh environment they will be subjected to.

p.s. There will be no substitute for the BL :D

Terry Quiram
02-07-2004, 8:53 AM
Ken

The Corian really makes an interesting pen and you go great work. Just curious, what is the weight difference between Corian and wood pen of the same style?

Terry

Ken Salisbury
02-07-2004, 9:43 AM
Ken

The Corian really makes an interesting pen and you go great work. Just curious, what is the weight difference between Corian and wood pen of the same style?

Terry
Can't say exactly Terry but it is very noticable with the larger kits like FT Americans when you compare one in each hand - I like the hefty feel myself.