PDA

View Full Version : beal tilt box

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-17-2007, 4:30 PM
I have decided that I rather like my little Beal tilt box.
At first I didn't think I'd like 'cause while sitting on my 1000 pound saw it seemed to have a little trouble registering zero. However, it's plenty good. It just took a little getting used to.

I use it now for the jointer and the tilt head on my mortiser too as well as angle checking on things like fixtures .

It's more handy than I would have prior guessed.

Richard Magbanua
10-17-2007, 5:56 PM
Congrats on your angle finder. I have the Wixie version and use it all the time. Not sure if you thought of it, but I use mine to set my miter gauge. I set the miter gauge fence down on the saw wing with the bar pointing down to the floor. I zero the Wixie to the table top and then place it on the side of the bar. I then adjust the miter gauge to whatever angle I want. It's so fast and easy that I don't even look at my settings on my Incra V27 anymore. I also used it to set up My stock gauge to 90 and keep it there. I've used it to check my drill press table, check the cutoffs from my miter saw to make sure it's still accurate, set up my tenoning jig, AND even used it to make sure my tablesaw wings were coplaner while I was shimming it. Obviously, I love this thing! Probably the best $40 I've spent. Let us know if you find any other ways to use it.