PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Rowmark FlexiColor

Richard Rumancik
10-17-2007, 3:42 PM
I am having some trouble cutting FlexiColor (red over white core) in that it creates a fairly pronounced ridge along the cut. I haven't measured the height, but I am making a tag that goes on a hand-held device and I don't like having the ridge. Is this ridge normal with FlexiColor? I tried to find some info on the Rowmark site and could not find anything useful pertaining to the cutting of this product. At the moment I am lightly sanding it off, but this is time-consuming and tends to make the white edge more obvious. Any ideas?

Joe Pelonio
10-17-2007, 4:30 PM
I've used it a few times and didn't have that problem. It sounds like too much power.

George Elston
10-17-2007, 4:32 PM
As a matter of fact, I am cutting some of the same today, you need to lower the power for your cut or up your speed, or both, sometimes it takes 2 passes to get a nice clean edge, OR (my choice) draw a 4 point black line under your cut to give it a beveled edge look and then cut.

And yes in my experience (limited as it is), most all the microsurface material will get that lip if you cut it too hot or too slow.

Also most times I put the cut in a separate file, and give the material a minute to cool before I cut. Less warping.