PDA

View Full Version : Model 304 Chinese laser engraver??

mike bean
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Alright so I am looking to get a laser engraver to engrave on anodized aluminum. I'm not looking to spend alot of money but want something that will last for a little while. What do you guys think of this laser, and the company? Sorry if ebay links aren't allowed i will delete it immediately couldn't find any rules. It is gonna cost me $2800 out the door spare laser tube included.

Item # 140167322417

Scott Shepherd
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Not sure what your patience level or background is, but you might want to search this forum for "Chinese Laser". There have been several recent posts by people who have bought them and they have detailed their experiences. I wouldn't consider buying one until you read through a lot of posts on here so you have a good picture of what to expect.

Several people have had no issues at all and run them all the time, where as others have had nightmare type stories with lasers that don't run when they get them, tech support that is non-existant, month long delays in getting parts and the general inability to use CorelDraw directly.

All things to consider. Might be just what you want, might not, but read the posts from start to finish on them and it'll help you make an educated decision.

mike bean
10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea i read read many reviews on the Chinese lasers. It seems everyone is having good luck with the rabbit hx-3040 which i think is the same one I am interested in purchasing.

Joe Pelonio
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Mike,

Links to auctions are not allowed, I changed it to the item # so people can see it. That is allowed.

If I were considering a Chinese laser at all, I would stick to one that's being sold from a location in this country, with service/support also here. Dealing with all of the customs, international shipping and language issues would not appeal to me.

Then there's the warranty, only 3 months on the tube, and those are notorious for not lasting.

mike bean
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Mike,

Links to auctions are not allowed, I changed it to the item # so people can see it. That is allowed.

If I were considering a Chinese laser at all, I would stick to one that's being sold from a location in this country, with service/support also here. Dealing with all of the customs, international shipping and language issues would not appeal to me.

Then there's the warranty, only 3 months on the tube, and those are notorious for not lasting.
Thanks for your input all help is appreciated. It does come with an extra laser tube which is a good thing and the new laser tubes for them are $300. If any one else has owned a 3040 how long does your laser tube last? Thanks

David Hirschfield
11-06-2007, 7:53 PM
I have the HX6090SE from Rabbit and the tube has lasted with little noticeable drop in power for 10 months. I did however buy a backup because they are glass and are fragile.

Eric Low
02-09-2008, 2:30 AM
Hi, just want to know whether anyone has tried engraving on an IPOD or MACBOOK? I'm thinking of starting a business on that service. Do you think the Rabbit is suitable or should I spend 11K more for the Epilog and that'll take me many moons and months to break even.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and much needed.

Thanks

Mike Null
02-09-2008, 5:28 AM
A business demands reliability. The Chinese lasers are hit and miss on this count, no doubt due in some part to the owners ability to adapt.

I'd go for the reliability of a brand that has domestic support. None will be the price that you're looking at but all will have a measure of resale value that is not part of the Chinese equation.

Eric Low
02-10-2008, 1:07 AM
thanks for the feedback Mike. I'm a newbie in this but I'm a designer, very comfortable with Photoshop, Corel and CAD.

Maybe I'll get a Rabbit and get myself familiarise with the laser works and perfect my skills before plunging into the Epilog. Do you think that'll help? I think the rabbit can also act as a backup for some simple jobs.

pete hagan
02-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I am one of those who have bought Chinese and have had very good results so far and I am 9 months into my HX6090SE. This is a bigger machine with controller on-board where you download to the machine and then run the file on the machine. Big difference than these small machines with a pci card controller.
That said I have called China on two occasions to talk to tech support about a couple of issues. It was not like calling a software company tech support in the US and, of course, talking to Rajib in India (no disrespect Rajib). Instead I spoke with this very nice lady with good English who asked the Chinese tech support my questions. This was awkward but did work plus I use Vonage so it was .01 per minute and I didn't feel weird about my phone bill. But still it was not ideal.

So I would say if your income depends on the machine (whatever machine) is working 95% of the time and you are NOT computer skilled at de-bugging issues then go with an AMERICAN company for your laser. I've had very good success with very few issues but I am also fairly skilled at fabricating and computer related issues thus it has been good for me.

My 2 cents.

Pete

Eric Low
02-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I agree that local support is important, especially when you're having unknown errors or problems.

But I read/speak Chinese and flys in and out of Shanghai. So I think it makes some sense for me to start with that first.

Augusto Pereira
02-23-2008, 2:21 PM
I discovered a laser machine on alibaba and looks very good! i want some opinion about it.... the laser tube has the duration of 3000 hours
Working Size: 1200mm*800mm
Laser power: 80W
Laser Tube: Co2 sealed glass laser tube
Engraving speed: 0-60000mm/s
Cutting speed: 0-10000mm/s
Up and down working plate: 50cm
Cooling system: water-cooling and protection system
Repeating location: ±0.1mm
Resolution ratio: 0.025mm
Support graphic format: DST, PLT, BMP, DXF
Operating temperature: 5-40°C
Operating humidity: 5%-95% free of condensed water
Please say something for my email (augustosrap@gmail.com)

pat Lanigan
02-25-2008, 1:02 PM
Thanks for your input all help is appreciated. It does come with an extra laser tube which is a good thing and the new laser tubes for them are $300. If any one else has owned a 3040 how long does your laser tube last? Thanks
My 80watt laser tube from China has lasted just one year. I believe buying Chinese can be a hit and miss affair. The tube went down during their New year holidays , but in fairness they answered every e-mail until i was back running.
Its my intention to buy a larger one with 100 watt tube now. Great value