PDA

View Full Version : Help with an Accu-fence please...

Eric Larsen
10-16-2007, 11:08 PM
If you have one, a digital camera, 30 seconds, and the desire to help me out, please PM me.

Thanks!

Eric Larsen
10-18-2007, 1:03 AM
Thanks for everyone that helped out.

Now I can narrow down my question. If you have a Powermatic Accu-Fence for a Model 64 saw, please PM me. I'd like you to take a measurement, please.

I can't find a schematic on the WMHtoolgroup site, so I'm hoping someone here has on. Thanks!

-E

PS -- Yes, yes... I'm replying to my own topic. I'm a yutz. But I can't use my fence until I locate the proper foot cam.

John Bush
10-18-2007, 1:11 AM
Hi Eric, I have the manual for the Accu-Fence for a 66. Does it differ from the 64?? Let me know and I can send a copy if you wish, John.

Eric Larsen
10-18-2007, 8:11 AM
Hi Eric, I have the manual for the Accu-Fence for a 66. Does it differ from the 64?? Let me know and I can send a copy if you wish, John.

That's what my problem stems from. I have what I believe is a fence from a Model 64, and the manual for the Accu-fence for a 66. So I ordered the wrong part.

WMH toolgroup's website isn't just "user-unfriendly," it's downright hostile.

After cross referencing the model number of the fence with a list of pdf files (2195075Z, if you're looking for this information as well), I now have what I believe to be the correct manual, which means I can order the correct part. But before I put in another $pricey order with Powermatic, I'd love to see if my measurements match up....

frank shic
10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
eric, what shot do you want me to take?

Eric Larsen
10-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Frank, if you have a 64 fence, I'm looking for measurements for the cam, cam-handle assembly. (the metal plates that you bolt the cam and the lever to).

The one I have, the plates are ~4 1/2 inches top to bottom, a little less than 1" wide, with a large hole drilled in the center, 1/2" from the bottom, and a smaller hole off-center, 2" from the bottom.

(I feel like Dr. Jones -- "And if you take that plate to a special map room, with a miniature of Tanis laid on the floor, at the right time, the light from the sun will shine through the Accu-Fence, and pinpoint the exact location of the Well of Souls.")

-E

frank shic
10-18-2007, 1:22 PM
i'll take a SHOT at it later tonight, eric.

Eric Larsen
10-27-2007, 9:49 AM
Well, it gets worse.

Yes, I have an Accu-fence from a Model 64 sitting on my Model 66 saw.

The fence is missing the foot cam (part 3215302, if you happen to be a walking Powermatic Encycopedia).

That foot cam won't be available until sometime in February, 2008, according to the Powermatic Tech Support people. :mad:

LOML has been very supportive. "Well, do you really need a fence to use that table saw? Oh. Is there something you can do with it until February? Oh, dear."

So here's my dilemma -- I can buy a new fence. But there is nothing wrong with the fence I have, other than the fact it's missing a $10 part. Or I can wait until February.

So I turn to the Creek for an "ah-ha!" that I haven't considered.

John Bush
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Eric,
I have an extra Accur-Fence for a 66 and the manual indicates it is for the 66 and up models. Seems to me that the size of the guide tube is the controlling factor. It fits my Sawstop which as a 2"(-) X 3"(-) so if the 64 guide tube is the same it may fit. The foot and locking cam are 3/4" wide, the heigth of the support brackets are 5" and the width of the brackets is 2 1/2"
If those dimensions match let me know and I'll send you the parts from mine and you can return when you get them from Powermatic.
Also, there is an outlet in Auburn Wa. next door to the Jet warehouse that handles the WMH surplus equip and is now more of a retail store, but they may have inventory of spares. I don't recall the name, but I will research and let you know if I find it. Good luck, John.

Eric Larsen
10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi Eric,
I have an extra Accur-Fence for a 66 and the manual indicates it is for the 66 and up models. Seems to me that the size of the guide tube is the controlling factor. It fits my Sawstop which as a 2"(-) X 3"(-) so if the 64 guide tube is the same it may fit. The foot and locking cam are 3/4" wide, the heigth of the support brackets are 5" and the width of the brackets is 2 1/2"
If those dimensions match let me know and I'll send you the parts from mine and you can return when you get them from Powermatic.
Also, there is an outlet in Auburn Wa. next door to the Jet warehouse that handles the WMH surplus equip and is now more of a retail store, but they may have inventory of spares. I don't recall the name, but I will research and let you know if I find it. Good luck, John.

On my fence, the height of the support brackets is more like 3.5" -- so it won't work (but thanks a bunch for the offer!)

I actually have the "too-big" PM66 accu-fence cam. (If anyone wants it, send me a PM. I can't use it, PM doesn't want it back. And it might benefit someone out there.)

John Bush
10-31-2007, 1:25 PM
Hi Eric,
Still doing some footwork for you. Call Equipment Sales and Surplus @ 1-253-804-3211. They handle the Jet/WMH surplus from the local warehouse and Frank(?) has the skinny on the Accu-Fences. Good luck, John.

Eric Larsen
10-31-2007, 6:20 PM
Hi Eric,
Still doing some footwork for you. Call Equipment Sales and Surplus @ 1-253-804-3211. They handle the Jet/WMH surplus from the local warehouse and Frank(?) has the skinny on the Accu-Fences. Good luck, John.

I'm keeping all this info handy. I might need it if this order doesn't work out.

Get this, I called the Powermatic Tech Line, and the lady who answered said, "That part? The foot cam? Oh, we've got them in stock."

You mean I don't have to wait until 2008?

"Nope, I'll send you one right away."

Granted, much of this delay is because I was originally searching for the wrong part. The inventory issue could stand to be tweaked, I think. And if anyone from Powermatic reads this, please work on the following:

First pick a Powermatic tool at random. Then, find the manual for your tool on this webpage. http://www.powermatic.com/Media.aspx?nav=Manuals

If it takes less than one hour, it's because you lucked out and your tool was near the top, or it's because it's one of the five tools that is actually listed by name, and not by 10-digit part number.

Eric Larsen
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Now I have a foot cam for a Accufence from a model 66 and a foot cam from a model 64.

Neither one fits my fence.

How the [censored] can I find out what kind of fence I have? The one I have fits my model 66 tablesaw, but there are no markings of any kind on the fence itself, so I'm buying replacement parts blind!

Arrrrrrgh!!!! [censored, censored, censored] :mad:

John Bush
11-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Eric,
Sounds like you need a long weekend in Las Vegas!! OOOHHHH, you already live in Las Vegas. Hope your luck at the tables is better than your luck at at the parts counter.

Try calling the Equip sales and surplus # I posted above. I spoke with the "guy" for a while and he said his family had a machining co. out here that made parts for various models of the Accu-Fence. He seemed to know lots about the manufacturing Hx. so maybe he could help. If you need any more help. let me know, It is a bit of a drive, but everytime I've gone down there I've brought back a new machine as a surprise present for my wife!!. Good Luck, John.