PDA

View Full Version : Epilog mini 35, quality better in the middle

Ben Levesque
10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Has anyone notice something weird with their Epilog lasering focus quality from corner to full center.

I was engraving a lot from the left upper corner, and I was becoming adjusted with the quality (an ugly 0.009” wide line), I had been fighting since a year to improve focus quality. (by doing tests I never really move to the full center of the table)

Than by pure luck I was doing a larger job in multiple copy, and wow, quality in the middle was way different than from the upper left corner. I had checked my table level and it was ok, and the focus setup is done from the upper left corner.
So now I’m really confuse!

Any comments anyone?????

Thanks

Ben

Joe Pelonio
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
One thing to try is turning it off and with the focus tool on, move it around to see if it's the same throughout.

The two most common problems are warped material, I've seen 1/4" acrylic that was warped.

If you are using it, a worn out vector grid can also cause this problem..

Rodne Gold
10-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Most likely beam alignment problems if uneven table or materials are taken out the equation.

Ben Levesque
10-17-2007, 8:43 AM
Most likely beam alignment problems if uneven table or materials are taken out the equation.

Yes, the material and the table is out of the equation, so how can someone resolve a beam alignment problem?

Ben

Peck Sidara
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, the material and the table is out of the equation, so how can someone resolve a beam alignment problem?

Ben

Ben, a laser beam alignment procedure can be had by contacting our tech support group at 303.215.9171 or tech at epiloglaser dot com. Additionally they can walk you thru it over the phone.

I would also recommend the following:

Cleaning the x-axis encoder strip.
tightening the x-axis belt just a bit.
make sure you have the latest firmware and driver.HTH,

Ed Maloney
10-17-2007, 4:33 PM
Ben - I have the alignment procedures in electronic format for the Epilog (from Epilog.) Let me know and I can email them to you. On second thought, here they are just in case others need it.

Ed

Ben Levesque
10-17-2007, 7:16 PM
Thanks Ed, I will review this manual and see if that is my case.

Thanks also Peck I am aware of the phone support.

Ben