PDA

View Full Version : Laguna BS

Tom Godley
10-16-2007, 9:47 PM
I was looking over the Laguna tools -- can anyone tell me what the main reason to get the LTHD16 "classic" over the LT16.

I am starting to put together some tools for my new shop -- I do not want underbuy -- but I always end up with more that I really need.

Any help - My head hurts!

Jim Becker
10-16-2007, 10:19 PM
The HD is a much, much better machine...more weight, more power, less vibration, etc. Most folks give glowing reviews to the HD (and similar machines from competitors such as Mini Max and Agazzani) but with the LT, that isn't always the case. If you want to take a look at my MM16, let me know. It's an older model, but in general is illustrative of current offerings that have more resaw height and power.

Jude Kingery
10-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Tom, have to agree with Jim; he's advised you well (as always with his advice) we have the Laguna LTHD16 and are very pleased with the performance - although I cannot say I've compared it to the Laguna LT16. But the one we have, the HD model is really a nice machine. Bought it used and it's a work horse. Best to you on your decision! Jude