PDA

View Full Version : Finally part of the club...

Dave West
10-16-2007, 8:39 PM
After wanting one these bad boys for almost 20 years, I finally got a used Epilog Profile. It still seems to have most of it's original 25 watts and looks to be in good shape. I used to work for the previous owner in Hollywood where he used it to cut miniatures and set pieces.
The fibers you see are from me wiping off the smoke residue with a paper towel (my bad).
I did notice that the circle end do not meet. The machine is way overdue for a cleaning and I'm thinking the accuracy problem is due to it, but I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave
...having too much fun...

Joe Pelonio
10-16-2007, 9:37 PM
Welcome to the club.

Check the file closely, there actually could be an extra point or two.

Otherwise a dirty sensor strip is the most likely culprit.

Richard Rumancik
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
You might also check the tension in both belts. If a belt is too loose it can result in some backlash when an axis changes direction of motion. In this case, the some of the motion is used up in tensioning the loose belt before it can actually move the carriage.

Peck Sidara
10-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Congrats Dave,

The Profile's a good machine. Your new baby may just need a tune-up. Check with tech support at 303.215.9171 or tech at epiloglaser dot com on some suggestiions, included should be:

laser beam alignment
Tightening up the laser's engraving head, belts and some cleaning of pulley's etc.
Check all optics for cracks, pits etc.This should lead you in the right direction.

Dave West
10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions...

Peck,
I'll give tech support a call in the next few days.