PDA

View Full Version : Custom Order Pens...a Creeker Collaboration

Phillip H Smith
10-16-2007, 3:43 PM
Here's a sampling of pens I made on "special order" for a friend. From top: A Wall St. II (Bubinga), European (Padauk), another Bubinga WS II (note the left-hand engraving), and a Classic American Twist Cap Rollerball (Purpleheart). I did the penturning, and my collaborator in laser engraving was SMC's own Nancy Laird. Maybe we can call these New Yorxico pens --- 'cause I'm in New York and Nancy's in New Mexico.

This was a really fun project and I sincerely appreciate Nancy's contribution to it. (We also collaborated on another batch of 12 pens that were engraved for a different customer...but if you've seen 4 pens, you get the point.) Both my customers were thrilled with their pens, which were ordered as Christmas gifts.

Nancy Laird
10-16-2007, 4:19 PM
Hey, Phil. Thank you for the plug!!! I appreciate it, even though I thought I had ruined a couple of them. This was a fun job, and I can tell everyone that the pens were gorgeous in person - at least the parts I saw.;) :rolleyes:

Now, if I could just get him to provide boxes with those pens.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nancy (66 days)

Pete Jordan
10-16-2007, 4:50 PM
Great colaboration!

Maybe next year I will ask for your help, Nancy.