PDA

View Full Version : Jet Supersaw alignment problems

Ellen Benkin
10-16-2007, 2:06 PM
I have somehow managed to knock out of alignment the blade in relation to the miter slot. I've read the manual and found the bolts holding the blade assembly to the table. I can move it a little, but not enough to get it back into alignment. A tool repair place wants $200 to come look at it and MAYBE fix it. Before I pay, I want to take another crack at fixing it myself. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

Thanks.

Kent Fitzgerald
10-16-2007, 6:42 PM
I believe the Supersaw is basically a contractor's saw mechanism, with two parallel tie bars linking the front and rear trunnions. If the bars get twisted out of plane, it can become impossible to align the blade. The test is to place a flat glass or steel plate across both bars and check for rocking.

Chuck Wintle
10-17-2007, 7:40 AM
I have somehow managed to knock out of alignment the blade in relation to the miter slot. I've read the manual and found the bolts holding the blade assembly to the table. I can move it a little, but not enough to get it back into alignment. A tool repair place wants $200 to come look at it and MAYBE fix it. Before I pay, I want to take another crack at fixing it myself. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

Thanks.

What is the model number of your saw?:D

Ellen Benkin
10-17-2007, 11:16 AM
What is the model number of your saw?:D

JWSS-10LFR. It's one of the original Supersaws.

Chuck Wintle
10-17-2007, 1:53 PM
How much is the blade misaligned after trying to adjust it? Could some parts be worn out causing the blade to move out of place?