PDA

View Full Version : Last Supper File Search

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone, we are really reaching, we have an area on the wall in our shop that is approximately 4 foot X 10 foot and my daughter suggested we try a mural of the Last Supper. So if anyone knows where we can get a legal copy of the Last Supper we would appreciate it . . . We found some on the web but they are just prints and the dpi is not good enough to use. We do not want this to sell, we only want to setup a display of tiles to show people what the possibilities of the laser engraved mirror or tiles are.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Inscriptions Of The Heart

Darren Null
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Try this. (http://cambs.com/etch/lastsupper.zip)

Lifted from here:
http://www.cts.edu/ImageLibrary/durer.cfm
...and vectorified, so it'll blow up as big as you need.

Public domain imaging; post-processing by me, so no copyright or other issues. Hope it suits.

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-16-2007, 6:13 PM
Hey Darren,

I couldn't open the Try This. My momma always told me beggers can't be choosers. But ones on the site, . . . well, . . . well, I guess I was looking for a more traditional one.

Thank you for at least trying.

Darren Null
10-16-2007, 6:53 PM
It's a zip file containing an coreldraw .cdr file. You have to save it, unzip it and open in corel.

I did try THE last supper, but it doesn't vector well with the resolution available in google images (a dodgy 1500 pixels across was the best I found).

Dean Novakowski
10-16-2007, 7:02 PM
James & Zelma,

I have posted a picture on our webpage for you. Although I cant post my webpage here. Send a pm or email & I will send you the link.

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-16-2007, 8:34 PM
Darren,

I saved the file, unzipped it and tried to import into Corel, it looked like it imported but I got nothing. I am using Corel 12 still, haven't upgraded, yet. Again, I want to thank you for trying.

Dean,

We sent you an email. Thank you too.

Darren Null
10-16-2007, 8:50 PM
Version 12, heh? Well, no problem there. (http://cambs.com/etch/lastsupper_v12.zip)

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-17-2007, 8:20 PM
Hey everyone, thanks again, we have received some really good choices, but my daughter seems to be looking for a particular version and we haven't found it yet.

Thank again for your help.

Darren Null
10-17-2007, 9:04 PM
You probably mean the leonardo da vinci version. However, the surface of the actual painting has suffered somewhat over the years, which precludes a one-touch vectoring of the image, as the damage kills a lot of the detail. You'd be days -if not weeks- rebuilding it to a form suitable for a 10' version.

Frank Corker
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
strangely enough I had the Da Vinci one one my computer only up to a week or so back. I had a massive clearout and they went. Found these two woodcuts in old fashioned style

Oops - found it

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-18-2007, 8:28 PM
O.k., not that the Last Supper is not beautiful, it is.

However, I think we've decided to try and find a scenic scene of some kind. One person recommeded a Flag, another recommended 6 Flags of Texas.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciate.

Mark Koenig
10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey everyone, thanks again, we have received some really good choices, but my daughter seems to be looking for a particular version and we haven't found it yet.

Thank again for your help.

I sent you one more to your web site address... Too BIG to post here...

Mark.

Bill Cunningham
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I didn't know there were so many versions of one supper! The only one missing would have them all sitting around a table at McDonald's :D