PDA

View Full Version : Makita Jig Saw 4350FCT or 4351FCT

Grant Vanbokklen
10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the new Makita jig saws that are out recently. Here is a link:
http://www.makitatools.com/co_news_pr_detail.php?id=MAKPR071427

Gary Keedwell
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
My only thought is that I don't really think of Makita when I think of jig saws. I've had my Bosch for over 14 years and it still runs great. Festool has a decent one, from what I've heard, but alot of festoolians really like the Bosch better.:)
Gary

Jason White
10-16-2007, 6:45 AM
I read a couple of "previews" on their new jigsaws. I wouldn't call them reviews, as these haven't been out for very long (if at all).

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned about them is blade tracking. People rave about the new Bosch and Festools jigsaws because they both have special "guides" that prevent the blade from bending while cutting, much like a bandsaw does. I had an older Bosch (maybe a 10-year-old model) and recently traded up for a new one. The difference is night and day with regarding to blade deflection. The blade stays nice and perpendicular when making curved cuts with the new Bosch and I'm told the Festool is the same way.

JW

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the new Makita jig saws that are out recently. Here is a link:
http://www.makitatools.com/co_news_pr_detail.php?id=MAKPR071427

Grant Vanbokklen
10-16-2007, 9:48 PM
I know that Bosch is a great jig saw. I'm on my second one and need a new one. And it is obvious that these Makita's are so new that no one here has them yet. I'm in the market for a new jig saw and just came across these. The features and specs look very good. I know that Makita can make some good tools. I would think they'd try and make a Bosch killer. The weight is about .75lb less than Bosch. But Bosch has such a good rep that I wonder if many will buy these jig saws rather than just buying another Bosch if they are in need. The price is the same if not more at this point for the Makita and there is no rep behind it. If they'd have a great price I might consider it. I'd also be curious if these are "Made in Japan". If so, that would even make them more attractive.

Brandon Shew
10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
After being a Bosch owner for many years, I got the previous generation 4340 Makita jig saw. I was going to buy another Bosch, but I had the option to get the Makita for free via sales promotion for the manufacturer who's equipment we distribute. I thought that I would give the Makita a try since it was free and worse case I'd still buy a Bosch if I didn't like it.

IMO, it's every bit as good as the Bosch tools that I have owned in the past. It's quieter and it vibrates less which makes it easier to use for longer periods of time. It tracks straight and cuts fast when you use the orbital option. Blade changes are a piece of cake too. I prefer the standard grip over the barrel grip, but YMMV. FWIW - I haven't bought that Bosch yet and I don't plan to.

Grant Vanbokklen
11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I ended up going with a Bosch 1590. In fact, I received it today so no time on it yet.

But if Makita had some deals on theirs I might have tried it. And these Makita jig saws have been out since July. And there is only one seller on ebay and one online retailer and both are selling at full pop.