PDA

View Full Version : grizzly 14 inch blade question

Jeff Cremers
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I just recieved a 14 inch grizzly G055 and bought the riser for it well the blade that came with the riser kit is a 105" and its tight, really tight. I had to losen it all the way just to get it on and then tilt the wheel to get it to the middle. I forgot to put tension back on and it still cut fine its so tight. so my questions are
Has anyone else had this issue adn did you just remeasure for when you bought new blades and could this tight blade be a problem.
Is the best way to meausre from center of the wheel to center of the wheel and then add 1/2 of the wheel width or just measure the old blade and with a string or by marking it and then add a little?
Thanks
Jeff

Dick Rowe
10-15-2007, 1:22 PM
Jeff,

I have the same saw and also put the riser block on.

I didn't experience any problems with the blade that came with the riser kit, or any other Grizzly, Olson, or WoodSlicer blades I have used since.

I just order 105" and they all seem to fit fine, in fact the WoodSlicer was a little loose as I recall, and I had to adjust the tensioning a bit to get it on properly.

Bas Pluim
10-15-2007, 1:42 PM
I had a similar problem, same saw but without riser block.

I ordered two 93 1/2" blades from a reputable company recently. One blade fit perfect (and cuts great!), the other one I could not get on unless I completely bottomed out the tension. Even then, it would not stay on the wheels.

After measuring, it turns out the blade was a good 3/8" too short. They sent me a replacement.

Here's the tip I received on measuring a blade: Mark a spot on the inside of the blade. Align the mark with a spot on the floor. Roll it on the floor until you've had one full revolution, and mark. Measure between the starting- and ending mark. It should be within 1/8" of the blade's stated length. If it's not, ask for a replacement.

Jeff Cremers
10-15-2007, 3:57 PM
Thanks I appreciate the help. And I even don't have to do math.:D

Jeff