PDA

View Full Version : Ken Salisbury

Bob Reilly
03-03-2003, 8:07 PM
Ken, can you tell me what i'd have to use to get a glossy finish on a pen made with wood blanks?

Randy Miller
03-04-2003, 8:45 AM
If you hurry, you may be able to catch him...

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by Bob Reilly
Ken, can you tell me what i'd have to use to get a glossy finish on a pen made with wood blanks?
Depends on what you mean by glossy.
I normally use Hut's Crystal Coat and Hut's Wax stick.

Join me in the chat room at 6:30 CST tonight (Pen Making Chat)

Bob Reilly
03-04-2003, 10:31 AM
I couldn't make the chat room last night, but thanks for the reply to my question,i'll give it a try.

Bob Janka
03-05-2003, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
Depends on what you mean by glossy.
I normally use Hut's Crystal Coat and Hut's Wax stick.

Join me in the chat room at 6:30 CST tonight (Pen Making Chat)

:( Dog-gone it, I was in the final evening of our "Woodturning" course at the NC State University Craft Center. I would have LOVED to sit in on a "Pen Making Chat"!

Ken, can you post an announcement a couple of days ahead the next time you plan one of these chats, especially on "Pen Making"?

Cheers,
Bob Janka

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2003, 5:21 AM
Originally posted by Bob Janka
:( Dog-gone it, I was in the final evening of our "Woodturning" course at the NC State University Craft Center. I would have LOVED to sit in on a "Pen Making Chat"!

Ken, can you post an announcement a couple of days ahead the next time you plan one of these chats, especially on "Pen Making"?

Cheers,
Bob Janka

Yes Bob --- The next time I will give more notice. This last one was a spur of the moment thing as a result of Aaron just getting the Caht Room up and running and trying to give it a test drive. It went real well and made several people aware of the advantage of having the Chat Room feature. The Admin will be scheduling "Specific Subject" chats in the future.