PDA

View Full Version : Couple of weekend jobs

Joe Pelonio
10-15-2007, 8:14 AM
I used the gold metalized poly for 3 doors on this new bar/restaurant. It's a little hard to see because they still have brown paper on the inside of the doors. Nice inside, they use a lot of wood inlay on the counters.

The my dentist wanted new lettering on the backlit monument sign. I took advantage of the sunny weekend to peel and replace by ladder. Removing the panel to bring into the shop would have been a pain, it's 6'x6' and the top is over 16' up.

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only person working the weekends.

Nice looking work Joe. What was the brand of vinyl on the gold? I want to try something other than what I am using now. Also, on the dentist sign, did you just do his name, or did you do that logo up top too?

Joe Pelonio
10-15-2007, 3:05 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only person working the weekends.

Nice looking work Joe. What was the brand of vinyl on the gold? I want to try something other than what I am using now. Also, on the dentist sign, did you just do his name, or did you do that logo up top too?
These being done on the weekend were more weather related, we had a very nice sunny Saturday and Sunday after weeks of rain (and it's back today).

The gold is the more expensive type that 5 year outdoor durable and is gold on the adhesive side too, made by 3m. The cheaper stuff is silver on the back and only lasts 0ne-two years outside.

That monument sign has sections done by 4 different shops. I just did his part. That logo above his is printed on vinyl and not holding up well. You can't see it in the picture but there are hundreds of lady bugs living in that sign, I had to fight them off.

Joe Pelonio
10-17-2007, 5:37 PM
Update:

I got an e-mail from my dentist, he hasn't seen the sign yet because 2 days before I did the work he left for Haiti. The first thing I thought was that I paid for that with my last two root canals, but actually he's doing dentistry for the poor there with a charitable organization.