PDA

View Full Version : Turn-A-Thon Norfolk VA March 13, 2004

Keith Outten
02-06-2004, 4:53 AM
Freedom Pen Turn-A-Thon

Ted Calver has contacted me and we have a tentative date for a Turn-A-Thon in Norfolk Virginia on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at the new Woodcraft store. The Freedom Pen Program event will be sponsored by;

Tidewater Turners
Woodcraft
SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums

Woodcraft
The Shops at Janaf, Suite 152
5802 E. Virginia Beach Blvd.
Norfolk, VA. 23502
757-466-1166

Everyone who lives within driving distance please plan to attend if you can. I expect the hours to be 9am till 6pm, more information will be provided in this thread as soon as it is available.

Julie Wright
02-06-2004, 6:47 AM
Looks like March is going to be a busy Month for Turn-A-Thons. Got one scheduled for March 6th and working on one for March 20th..... :)

Don Abele
02-06-2004, 7:19 AM
Keith, I put it on my calendar - I'll be there. Maybe learn a thing or two about these spinny things that everyone is always talking about. Thanks.

Be well,

Doc

Bob Lasley
02-06-2004, 8:48 AM
Fantastic!!

Bob

Keith Outten
02-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Bob,
Thanks Bob for the great idea. I'll bet the Turn-A-Thons are very productive and just as much fun :) I can't wait till March 13th...and I will get to meet SMC members and a lot of other woodworkers in the bargain.

Don,
Thanks for planning to attend, I may need some help!

Julie,
Make sure you post all of the details for each event, we will most likely post a new web page with Turn-A-Thon listings.

Keith Outten
02-08-2004, 6:27 PM
Julie,

Please post a new thread with the details for the March 6th Turn-A-thon. I will add a calendar event with a link to your new thread.

Jim Covert
02-22-2004, 7:25 AM
Hi, Keith...will try to make it there. What do we need to bring with us, just our turning tools?

Jerry Stringer
02-22-2004, 5:52 PM
Freedom Pen Turn-A-Thon

Ted Calver has contacted me and we have a tentative date for a Turn-A-Thon in Norfolk Virginia on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at the new Woodcraft store.

The same date as the Turn-A-Thon at the Fort Worth Woodcraft store . . .

Wanna have a friendly competition . . . most pens wins a diet coke?

C ya!

jerry

Keith Outten
02-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Jim C.

I expect that Woodcraft will have turning tools and I think they are planning to make 7 or 8 lathes available.

Jerry,

You bet but if we win it will have to be a classic Coke for me :)

Jerry Stringer
02-23-2004, 1:30 AM
Jim C.

I expect that Woodcraft will have turning tools and I think they are planning to make 7 or 8 lathes available.

Jerry,

You bet but if we win it will have to be a classic Coke for me :)

WAIT! . . . WAIT . . . FOUL!!!

I just noticed that yours is from 9am-9pm while ours is only 10am -5pm (store closes at 6). We only have 6 lathes . . .

We should have a handicap to even things up!!!

:)

Jerry

Keith Outten
02-23-2004, 7:44 AM
Jerry,

I just changed our hours for the Norfolk Turn-A-Thon to 9am till 6pm. These are the normal hours for our Woodcraft store.

(grin) If you feel you need a handicap no problem. The Tidewater Turners are an old and well established group of wood turners, I expect they will be up to the task. (end grin)

Let's Rock!

Don Abele
03-03-2004, 7:36 AM
Keith, I got a flyer from Woodcraft in the mail yesterday. No mention of the Turn-a-thon :mad: But they did have several other classes and seminars scheduled on that day. Is there any conflict or do they normally do them and the turning in separate rooms?

Ted Calver
03-05-2004, 6:02 PM
Don,
They've got lots of space and we are still good to go.

See you there!
Ted