PDA

View Full Version : The Wenge or the Flu Shot?

Darrin Davis
10-14-2007, 7:28 PM
Timeline:

9:30 a.m. - recieve flu shot
1:30 p.m. - get a wenge splinter under my fingernail that takes 2 minutes to get out
4:00 p.m. - body temperature and engery level fine
5:30 p.m. - body temp. 101 and energy level very low
7:00 p.m. - body temperature and energy level fine

In the course of 3 hours during the afternoon and evening I noticed my temperature steadily climb and my energy fall only to recover at the same pace back to normal feeling.

My question is did my body react to the flu shot or was it the wenge?

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:38 PM
Timeline:

1:30 p.m. - get a wenge splinter under my fingernail that takes 2 minutes to get out

In the course of 3 hours during the afternoon and evening I noticed my temperature steadily climb and my energy fall only to recover at the same pace back to normal feeling.

I think my body did the same thing watching the Patriots vs Cowboys:D
Gary K.

Matt P
10-14-2007, 7:41 PM
Flu shot - some adverse reactions and mild flu-like symptoms are possible.

Timeline:

Jude Kingery
10-14-2007, 7:43 PM
Hey Gary, not a physician here, just past paramedic experience - my guess would be flu shot. Not unusual about 8-10 hours after it to have a mild fever or localized swelling at the injection site. Glad it's passed! Hopefully you'll be just fine now! Jude

David G Baker
10-14-2007, 7:45 PM
I get the mild flu symptoms every time I get the shot only mine last quite a bit longer than yours did.

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 7:46 PM
Hey Gary, not a physician here, just past paramedic experience - my guess would be flu shot. Not unusual about 8-10 hours after it to have a mild fever or localized swelling at the injection site. Glad it's passed! Hopefully you'll be just fine now! Jude
Thanx....But I didn't get the shot...Darrin did..LOL:D

Go Pats!!!!!!
Gary

Jim Becker
10-14-2007, 7:47 PM
I agree...the shot...but do keep an eye on the wenge wound...splinters from that wood (and a few others) can be really nasty.

Jon Lanier
10-14-2007, 7:50 PM
Flu shot. Brought on quicker due to stress over it being Wenge or Flu shot.

Jude Kingery
10-14-2007, 7:59 PM
Ah - my mistake! Read your copy of his - sorry 'bout that! Well wishes to you both then all the same, ha! Jude

Mark Singer
10-14-2007, 8:04 PM
I have had lots of wenge splinters and no fever

Dave MacArthur
10-15-2007, 1:53 AM
I got the flu shot on Saturday. That night woke up with slight fever, hallucinogenic dreams, and a desire to visit the throne for an hour. This morning all was well, the wife let me sleep in... but I dreamed I had a wenge toilet seat... now I'm worried.