PDA

View Full Version : Miliunas tool fever strikes further west

Bart Leetch
02-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Well I did it today. Yep thats right I purchased another tool. White this time & not GGGreeeen. Whew that was hard. Now I have 2 colors of Green 2 colors of white, 3 colors of grey & 2 colors of black & 1 of gold.

Yes its another Jet. The small oscillating spindle sander.

I also got a Freud combination blade for my table-saw.

Waymon Campbell
02-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Bart - Don't worry about all the colors in the shop. If you get too disoriented you could just get a pair of dark sunglasses to cut down on the contrast!

Waymon...

John Miliunas
02-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, good for you, Bart! I'm still drooling over the floor standing Grizz unit, but that'll have to wait. (Can't justify it for current house projects. Shucks!) I've just got the Ridgid belt/spindle sander and I know the Jet is a nicer unit than that. I'm sure you'll get great use out of it. And I wish you guys would cut it with that "tool fever" thing! Dave A., Jim B. and his buddy Chris got it ALL OVER me! :D :cool:

Bart Leetch
02-06-2004, 12:24 AM
I forgot to mention the other white tools I have are the Jet Dovetail jig & a the Shopfox Mortise machine.
Waymon with no windows but lots of lights the colors don't disoriented me but the contrast is really different. A little red & blue would really spice up the color spectrum.

I have had a chance to crank this spindle sander up & use it a little its real quiet & works great.

I put the Freud blade on the saw & tried it too works great on both the rip & cross cut mode nice & true.

I did purchase one of those Lee Valley blade truing disks this makes some blades I have that are not as true as I would like perfect.

Lloyd Robins
02-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Good luck with the new white (Ivory) tool! Let us know how you like it.

Bart Leetch
02-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Good luck with the new white (Ivory) tool! Let us know how you like it.

Gee I'm not color blind just primary or is it non color selective?

Dennis Peacock
02-06-2004, 1:07 AM
Congrats Bart!!!! Keep this up and it will be time for a NEW shop tour from you buddy..!!! :)

Just stop, relax a moment and take a deep breath. Try not to spread the Miliunas Fever too far.....Shoot, I can't afford another tool/machine purchase. I'm already in debt for the IR Compressor and I still have to get LOML's A/C fixed in her car (only about $1K) and get the septic system fixed this spring....OUCH!!!!! Now this one is really gonna hurt!!!!!!!! :( From talking around, the septic repairs will be up to $5K.!! Anybody got some extra cash to send my way to get my septic fixed? :confused:

Oh well....I guess I'll just have to spray the property boundaries with an "Anti-Miliunas Fever" spray so I won't get infected.! :)