PDA

View Full Version : Control panel graphic

Mike Lush
10-14-2007, 5:12 PM
Hi all,

Would anyone have a graphic of a control panel set up or any kind of industrial panel they would be willing to share? I want to build a display board of different industrial tags, small panel examples, etc out of different metals and alumamark for a customer (and maybe a trade show!).

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Joe Pelonio
10-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Here's a few I have done. The first is a control panel, used Rowmark LasrMax. The others were items cut from ABS for switches and things that were later labeled by screenprinting. Sorry no pics, just the CDRs.

Tony Lenkic
10-15-2007, 4:39 PM
Two larger plates were reverse engraved/color filled.
Smaller were done on Rowmark lasermax mat'l.

Brian Conklin
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I am wondering why all the text is broken apart on your drawings...

Joe Pelonio
10-16-2007, 1:40 PM
It was supplied to me as a dxf from some engineers, that's probably what did it. You mean in wireframe, right? It did engrave OK.

Brian Conklin
10-16-2007, 1:57 PM
I thought it was done in corel. all the text was ungrouped and not centered over, under the holes. I tried a sample engraving after grouping the text and centering and it turned out great.

Mike Lush
10-22-2007, 1:04 AM
Thanks for the assist folks! I would have responded sooner but my hard drive failed on my new HP and am only now getting it back together. Except for the laser, I use macs exclusively and have never had a problem in many years. Buy one pc and poof...there goes everything! Ahh well!

Bill Cunningham
10-23-2007, 9:19 PM
Thats because you bought a 'HP' plug and play 'thing' ..With Macs you don't have a choice, but they are a well made factory built computer. P.C.s are better off custom built.. that way you can choose what you want in it, and your not stuck with the architecture of a particular manufacturer.. You can choose a better H.D. and everything else thats in it, plus your able to add what ever you want, when ever you want.. When I upgrade computers, I alway buy from a computer shop, and have it assembled from the components I want or need. Every one I have ever assembled, has lasted until it was beyond obsolete (like the one I'm using in the house now :D) With the HUGE H.D.'s in computers today, a crash or other failure can be catastrophic.. All HP can do is say 'sorry for your loss' heres another one of our crappy hard drives, better luck next time... The only thing I have ever 'had' to buy that was HP, was one printer, and they replaced it when it died a month later.. The only other products I have ever owned with such a built in failure rate are made in China, and sold by RCA (two year life expectancy before major repairs or trash)