PDA

View Full Version : Motion sensor light

Terry Quiram
10-14-2007, 9:46 AM
I have a motion sensor light in my garage and the light keeps cycling on and off. Can I replace the sensor or is it best to just replace the entire unit?

David G Baker
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I have a couple of sensors that are independent of the lights. If you have to replace the whole setup I would get the separate sensor and separate light fixture so next time there is a problem you just change out the problem piece. If you can find a separate sensor you can change just that.
Before you replace they fixtures, give it a good cleaning it could be spider webs or some other easy fix.

Al Willits
10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Not so sure on seperates, I found a single unit cheaper than a seperats set up, plus the hassle of mounting two items versus one.

Al

David G Baker
10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Al,
My reason for separating my sensors from the light was the sensors needed to be in a different location than the light to catch the movement and I wanted one sensor to turn on two lights in different locations.
A problem I had with my sensors in California was Sun damage. For some reason the sensors that spent most of the day in Sunlight malfunctioned first.
You are right about the higher cost of the separate units. The single units are quite a bit cheaper depending on the brand.

Al Willits
10-14-2007, 4:06 PM
Well, that would make sense, never thought of that....nevermind......:D

Al...who seems to think rarely nowdays...:)